Library for reading temperature, humidity, and battery level from a SHT31 Smart Gadget Development Kit by Sensirion
Python library for reading temperature, humidity, and battery level from a SHT31 Smart Gadget Development Kit by Sensirion.
- Direct reading of SHT31 sensor values and device battery level.
- Subscription to notifications on value changes.
- Output of manufacturer, model name, and firmware version.
Currently not supported
- Downloading data from the integrated data logger.
- Setup of data logger interval.
pip install sensirion-smartgadget
from sensirionbt import SmartGadget sensor = SmartGadget('CA:FE:12:34:56:78') print(sensor.get_values(init_static=True)) # 'init_static' is optional; it fetches following values immediately. print("Manufacturer:", sensor.manufacturer) print("Model:", sensor.model) print("Firmware:", sensor.firmware_version)
- The device only allows one connection at a time. If the connection keeps failing, make sure you have disconnected other services, e.g. the smartphone app.
- On a connection failure, transmission will be re-attempted, depending on the ‘retries’ argument or property. The default is to retry twice.
- The first connection and value readings take a few seconds. The reason for this is that characteristics are discovered by UUID, then handles are cached and reused for subsequent calls.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size python_smartgadget-0.1.3-py3.7.egg (9.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size python-smartgadget-0.1.3.tar.gz (4.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for python_smartgadget-0.1.3-py3.7.egg