0.2.0: Works on Windows! See documentation for available DLL download
locations. Documentation rewritten and expanded.
PyTidyLib is a Python package that wraps the HTML Tidy library. This
allows you, from Python code, to “fix” invalid (X)HTML markup. Some of the
library’s many capabilities include:
- Clean up unclosed tags and unescaped characters such as ampersands
- Output HTML 4 or XHTML, strict or transitional, and add missing doctypes
- Convert named entities to numeric entities, which can then be used in XML
documents without an HTML doctype.
- Clean up HTML from programs such as Word (to an extent)
- Indent the output, including proper (i.e. no) indenting for pre elements,
which some (X)HTML indenting code overlooks.
Small example of use
The following code cleans up an invalid HTML document and sets an option:
from tidylib import tidy_document
document, errors = tidy_document('''<p>fõo <img src="bar.jpg">''',
Documentation is shipped with the source distribution and is available at
the PyTidyLib web page.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.