query zip codes and location data
This package will allow you to get zip code information. The data used in this package is retrieved from http://pablotron.org/files/zipcodes-csv-10-Aug-2004.zip
pyzipcode uses a local sqlite database to run. You can replace it with your own other storage mechanism with a little effort.
Here is some basic usage..
>>> from pyzipcode import ZipCodeDatabase >>> zcdb = ZipCodeDatabase() >>> zipcode = zcdb >>> zipcode.zip u'54115' >>> zipcode.city u'De Pere' >>> zipcode.state u'WI' >>> zipcode.longitude -88.078959999999995 >>> zipcode.latitude 44.42042 >>> zipcode.timezone -6
Search zip codes…
>>> from pyzipcode import ZipCodeDatabase >>> zcdb = ZipCodeDatabase() >>> len(zcdb.find_zip(city="Oshkosh")) 7
Get a list of zipcodes around a radius of a zipcode
>>> from pyzipcode import ZipCodeDatabase >>> zcdb = ZipCodeDatabase() >>> [z.zip for z in zcdb.get_zipcodes_around_radius('54901', 10)] [u'54901', u'54902', u'54903', u'54904', u'54906', u'54927', u'54952', u'54956', u'54957', u'54979', u'54985']
- Fix import code so that it is not run when the module is imported (for example, when building Sphinx API Documentation).
- Rename the import.py module to import_zipcode.py because import is a reserved Python keyword.
- Document the import_zipcode module.
- updated to use maxmind database http://www.maxmind.com/app/postalcode
- now also keeps timezone and dst values
- longitude and latitude is now contains negative numbers
- use strings instead of integer for storing zip codes since zip codes can start with a Zero.
- catch sqlite db file reading errors and keep trying in case another process is trying to access the file at the same time.
- initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyzipcode-1.0.zip (1.9 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|