Qt Google Map widget for PySide/PyQt4
- Specify locations either by latitude, longitude pairs or street
addresses by means of GeoCoding
- Programatically centering, zooming and manipulate markers
- Flexible marker properties (ie. draggable, icon, title…)
- Emits signals on user actions: dragged markers, pans or zooms
By using pip:
$ pip3 install qgmap
python3 setup.py --install
Two main classes are provided:
- qgmap.GeoCoder: Retrieves geo-coordinates (latitude, longitude) from
- qgmap.QGoogleMap: A WebView widget containing a GoogleMap, with some
convenience accessors to manage center, zoom, markers…
See the main example code at qgmap-example.py
Using it with PyQt4
By default the classes use PySide, but the code works for PyQt4 if you
set to False the usePySide module variable by hand.
Any suggestion to make this less hacky is welcome.
This Python code has been inspired in Henrik Hartz’s C++ example code:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.