An online helpdesk product for plone
qi.jabberHelpdesk is a real-time helpdesk product for plone. With it you can create helpdesks as content objects. Clients access the helpdesks through the web, whereas helpdesk agents connect to the helpdesk server using their jabber accounts. A helpdesk can be linked to many jabber accounts and whenever a client asks for support, one is chosen randomly among the available agents. qi.jabberHelpdesk also supports:
- file transfers
- url links and email addresses
In order to run qi.jabberHelpdesk to your own site you need either:
- A free account on the chatblox.com site in which case you don’t need your own server, or
- To run a helpdesk server (You will need three modules qi.xmpp.botfarm, qi.xmpp.client, qi.xmpp.admin all found on pypi). Please read their documentation for installation details.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing qi.jabberHelpdesk is very simple, just add qi.jabberHelpdesk in the eggs section and register it in the zcml sections.
Installing without buildout
If you don’t use buildout put it in INSTANCE/lib/python and add a file named qi.jabberHelpdesk-configure.zcml in INSTANCE/etc/package-includes with the following line:
<include package="qi.jabberHelpdesk" file="configure.zcml" />
- Follow the following steps in order to create a helpdesk in your site:
- Add a helpdesk. If you don’t use the helpdesk of your chatblox.com account you’ll need to create a bot on your own jabber server that the helpdesk will use.
- Add the jabber ids of the agents to the helpdesk.
- The owners of the jabber ids should accept the bot as a contact.
- You are ready to go!
Changelog for qi.jabberHelpdesk
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.30
- Security fixes, some vulnerable xml-rpc calls fixed. [ggozad]
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.22
- Changed name field to accept UTF8 characters. Thanks to Geir Baekholt for spotting this. [ggozad]
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.21
- Fixed portlet issue with UberSelectionWidget. Credits to Graham Perrin for reporting it. Fixes http://plone.org/products/qi-jabberhelpdesk/issues/7 [ggozad]
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.20
- Added the possibility to download chat transcripts. [ggozad]
- Improved error handling. [ggozad]
- Broke down css and kss resources so that they can be easily overriden. [ggozad]
- Added upgrade steps for Generic Setup. [ggozad]
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.13
- The user is presented with the message “No available agents” when no agents are available and tries to connect. Fixes http://plone.org/products/qi-jabberhelpdesk/issues/3 [ggozad]
- Improved the chat request screen for logged in members [ggozad]
- Fixed conflict with qi.jabberHelpdesk. Fixes http://plone.org/products/qi-jabberhelpdesk/issues/2 [ggozad]
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.12
- Forced all links that appear in the chat window to open in new windows. [ggozad]
- Added “Please wait while checking for available agents…” message while checking with xmlrpc server. [ggozad]
- qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.11
- Fixed portlet, and added image field to it. [ggozad]
qi.jabberHelpdesk - 0.1 Unreleased
- Initial package structure. [zopeskel]