Tools for using cross-platform Qt icon themes.
This package provides tools to manage PyQt icon themes.
The QIcon.fromTheme API works with icon themes following the freedesktop icon theme spec, which is great for Linux systems with installed and enabled themes, but not for Windows or OS X, which lack them.
To benefit, you just have to create a theme directory with the right structure and use this package’s functions:
icons (The default directory name) ├hicolor │├16x16/apps/myapp.png │├32x32/apps/myapp.png │┆ │└scalable/apps/myapp.svg └mypackage-builtin ├16x16 │├actions ││├document-open.png ││┆ │├mimetypes ││├application-x-mymime.png ┆┆┆
This package provides the following functions to ease bundling an in-memory icon theme for those systems:
- Creates .index.theme files from the .png and .svg files.
- Create a .qrc and _rc.py file to import the icon data from. (Needs the .index.theme files)
- Creates a iconset folder for OSX apps, e.g. via py2app, using the hicolor/<s>x<s>/apps/myapp.png files.
- To be used in a running application to make the builtin icons available.
The hicolor/<s>x<s>/apps/myapp.png files can be
- installed to the system by packagers (/usr/share/icons/hicolor/…)
- subsequently used in a .desktop file (Icon=myapp)
- used as window icon (self.setWindowIcon(QIcon.fromTheme('myapp')))
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|qtico-0.1-py3-none-any.whl (9.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|qtico-0.1.tar.gz (4.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|