Fork of Flask-Admin for QuokkaCMS
The project was recently moved into its own organization. Please update your references to email@example.com:flask-admin/flask-admin.git.
Flask-Admin is a batteries-included, simple-to-use Flask extension that lets you add admin interfaces to Flask applications. It is inspired by the django-admin package, but implemented in such a way that the developer has total control of the look, feel and functionality of the resulting application.
Out-of-the-box, Flask-Admin plays nicely with various ORM’s, including
It also boasts a simple file management interface and a redis client console.
The biggest feature of Flask-Admin is flexibility. It aims to provide a set of simple tools that can be used for building admin interfaces of any complexity. So, to start off with you can create a very simple application in no time, with auto-generated CRUD-views for each of your models. But then you can go further and customize those views & forms as the need arises.
Flask-Admin is an active project, well-tested and production ready.
Several usage examples are included in the /examples folder. Please feel free to add your own examples, or improve on some of the existing ones, and then submit them via GitHub as a pull-request.
You can see some of these examples in action at http://examples.flask-admin.org. To run the examples on your local environment, one at a time, do something like:
cd flask-admin python examples/simple/app.py
Flask-Admin is extensively documented, you can find all of the documentation at https://flask-admin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.
The docs are auto-generated from the .rst files in the /doc folder. So if you come across any errors, or if you think of anything else that should be included, then please make the changes and submit them as a pull-request.
To build the docs in your local environment, from the project directory:
pip install -r requirements-dev.txt sudo make html
And if you want to preview any .rst snippets that you may want to contribute, go to http://rst.ninjs.org/.
To install Flask-Admin, simply:
pip install flask-admin
Or alternatively, you can download the repository and install manually by doing:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:flask-admin/flask-admin.git cd flask-admin python setup.py install
Test are run with nose. If you are not familiar with this package you can get some more info from their website.
To run the tests, from the project directory, simply:
pip install -r requirements-dev.txt nosetests
You should see output similar to:
............................................. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Ran 102 tests in 13.132s OK
For all the tests to pass successfully, you’ll need Postgres & MongoDB to be running locally. For Postgres:
CREATE DATABASE flask_admin_test; CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
- Small bug fix release. Fixes regression that prevented usage of “virtual” columns with a custom formatter.
- Official Python 3.5 support
- Customizable row actions
- Tablib support (exporting to XLS, XLSX, CSV, etc)
- Updated external dependencies (jQuery, x-editable, etc)
- Added settings that allows exceptions to be raised on view errors
- Bug fixes
- Updated and reworked documentation
- FileAdmin went through minor refactoring and now supports remote file systems. Comes with the new, optional, AWS S3 file management interface
- Configurable CSV export for model views
- Added overridable URL generation logic. Allows using custom URLs with parameters for administrative views
- Added column_display_actions to ModelView control visibility of the action column without overriding the template
- Added support for the latest MongoEngine
- New SecureForm base class for easier CSRF validation
- Lots of translation-related fixes and updated translations
- Bug fixes
- New feature: Edit models in the list view in a popup
- New feature: Read-only model details view
- Fixed XSS in column_editable_list values
- Improved navigation consistency in model create and edit views
- Ability to choose page size in model list view
- Updated client-side dependencies (jQuery, Select2, etc)
- Updated documentation and examples
- Updated translations
- Bug fixes
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|quokka-flask-admin-18.104.22.168.linux-x86_64.tar.gz (1.1 MB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||any||Dumb Binary||Jun 26, 2016|
|quokka-flask-admin-22.214.171.124.tar.gz (917.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 26, 2016|