Provides a table component for articles
You have a site where you have a lot of tables to be displayed and styled, then this package is for you. It provides a generic way to create tables in articles.
The following features for raptus.article are provided by this package:
- Provides a table content type for raptus.article
To install raptus.article.table into your Plone instance, locate the file buildout.cfg in the root of your Plone instance directory on the file system, and open it in a text editor.
Add the actual raptus.article.table add-on to the “eggs” section of buildout.cfg. Look for the section that looks like this:
eggs = Plone
This section might have additional lines if you have other add-ons already installed. Just add the raptus.article.table on a separate line, like this:
eggs = Plone raptus.article.table
Note that you have to run buildout like this:
Then go to the “Add-ons” control panel in Plone as an administrator, and install or reinstall the “raptus.article.default” product.
Note that if you do not use the raptus.article.default package you have to include the zcml of raptus.article.table either by adding it to the zcml list in your buildout or by including it in another package’s configure.zcml.
You may now add tables in your article. Click the “Add new” menu and select “Table” in the pull down menu. You get the standard plone form to add your table.
Configure your table
Tables consist of a fixed column definition which may be set either per table or globally in the table configlet. Every table needs either a global definition or a local one to work.
Navigate to the “Components” tab of your article, select one of the table components and press “save and view”. Note that at least one table has to be contained in the article in which this component is active.
Copyright and credits
raptus.article is copyrighted by Raptus AG and licensed under the GPL. See LICENSE.txt for details.
Note: You find a developer manual for raptus.article at raptus.article.core. Please have look there if you need more information.
- ITables (Provider for tables contained in an article)
- getTables - method (Returns a list of tables (catalog brains))
- IRows (Provider for rows contained in a table)
- getRows - method (Returns a list of rows (catalog brains))
- IDefinitions (Handles table definitions)
- getDefinition - method (Returns the definition)
- getAvailableDefinitions - method (Returns a dict of definitions available for this article)
- addDefinition - method (Adds a new global definition)
- removeDefinition - method (Removes a global definition)
- IDefinition (Definition provider for tables)
- getCurrentDefinition - method (Returns the definition for this article)
- ITable (Marker interface for the table content type)
- IRow (Marker interface for the row content type)
- IType (A column type)
- structure - method (Whether the value has to be rendered as structure or not)
- modifier - method (Returns the modified value)
- field - method (Returns the ExtensionField to be used in the SchemaExtender)
- Adjustments for new raptus.article.core functionality (drag’n’drop and edit components view)
- Added dependency for simplejson
- Allow renaming of existing table definitions which are in use
- Found and fixed another bug in configlet where the column type was not stored for table definitions already in use
- Fixed major bug in configlet where table definitions in use where always deleted when saving
- Added call to reindexOnReorder when inserting rows at a specific position
- Fixed KeyError if no columns are defined for a table
- Added possibility to select the position where to add new rows
- block modifications on a table definitions which are already in use.
- fixed odd/even rows
- add scrollbar to lightbox for large definitions.
- Added info message to column configuration popup and fixed bug where multiple save button appeared
- Added string normalization for column name to prevent exceptions when using non ascii characters
- Replaced text field for defining the table style by a drop down fed by a property in portal properties
- Improved descriptions of style and columns field in table content type to illustrate the override mechanism if a table definition is selected
- Fixed TableColumnsField (KeyError when saving columns)
- Improved configlet and added table columns widget for table content type
- Added image and file types
- Added possibility to define cell and heading classes per column
- Added possibility to define a colspan for columns
- Added French translations
- Updated German translations
- Updated readme and manual
- First public release