Tools to implement regression discontinuity designs in Python.
rdd is a set of tools for implementing regression discontinuity designs in Python. At present, it only allows for inputs that are pandas Series or DataFrames. Check out the tutorial here for a guide to using this package.
To install using
pip install rdd. See here for more information and to download from PyPI. Otherwise, you can download this repository.
- Computes the Imbens-Kalyanaraman optimal bandwidth (see this article for details)
- Creates a dataset containing only observations within a given bandwidth
- Generates a reduced pandas DataFrame for graphical analysis (such as binned scatter plots) when the number of observations is large
- Implements a sharp RDD
- With or without user supplied equation and/or controls
- Via OLS or WLS
Features to Come:
- Tutorial on how to check rdd's statistical assumptions in Python, such as using:
- Continuity plots
- Density plots
- Tests for discontinuities
- Checking for balance and testing for random assignment (though not a requirement, it can still be a useful check)
- McCrary tests
- Implementation of Fuzzy RDD
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.