Modified arc90's scraping hub port readability tool for dig data
This code is under the Apache License 2.0. http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
This is a modfied for higher recall rate of famous python port(https://github.com/buriy/python-readability) a ruby port of arc90’s readability project
In few words, Given a html document, it pulls out the main body text and cleans it up. It also can clean up title based on latest readability.js code.
- Based on:
- Latest readability.js ( https://github.com/MHordecki/readability-redux/blob/master/readability/readability.js )
- Ruby port by starrhorne and iterationlabs
- Python port by gfxmonk ( https://github.com/gfxmonk/python-readability , based on BeautifulSoup )
- Python port by buriy (https://github.com/buriy/python-readability)
- Decruft effort to move to lxml ( http://www.minvolai.com/blog/decruft-arc90s-readability-in-python/ )
- “BR to P” fix from readability.js which improves quality for smaller texts.
- Github users contributions.
pip install readability-dig
from readability.readability import Document import urllib html = urllib.urlopen(url).read() readable_article = Document(html).summary() readable_title = Document(html).short_title()
python -m readability.readability -u http://pypi.python.org/pypi/readability-dig
To open resulting page in browser:
python -m readability.readability -b -u http://pypi.python.org/pypi/readability-dig
Using positive/negative keywords example:
python -m readability.readability -p intro -n newsindex,homepage-box,news-section -u http://python.org
Document() kwarg options:
- debug: output debug messages
- url: will allow adjusting links to be absolute
- positive_keywords: the list of positive search patterns in classes and ids, for example: [“news-item”, “block”]
- negative_keywords: the list of negative search patterns in classes and ids, for example: [“mysidebar”, “related”, “ads”]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size readability-dig-0.5.tar.gz (12.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|