REANA-Client is a component of the REANA reusable and reproducible research data analysis platform. It provides a command-line tool that allows researchers to submit, run, and manage their computational workflows.
- seed workspace with input code and data
- run computational workflows on remote compute clouds
- list submitted workflows and enquire about their statuses
- download results of finished workflows
$ # create new virtual environment $ virtualenv ~/.virtualenvs/reana $ source ~/.virtualenvs/reana/bin/activate $ # install reana-client $ pip install reana-client
The detailed information on how to install and use REANA can be found in docs.reana.io.
Version 0.7.1 (2020-11-10)
- Changes ping command output to include REANA client and server version information.
Version 0.7.0 (2020-10-20)
- Adds option to logs command to filter job logs according to compute backend, docker image, status and step name.
- Adds new restart command to restart previously run or failed workflows.
- Adds possibility to specify operational options in the reana.yaml of the workflow.
- Fixes user experience by preventing dots as part of the workflow name to avoid confusion with restart runs.
- Changes du command output format.
- Changes file loading to optimise CLI performance.
- Changes logs command to enhance formatting using marks and colours.
- Changes from Bravado to requests to improve download performance.
- Changes ping command to perform user access token validation.
- Changes defaults to accept both reana.yaml and reana.yml filenames.
- Changes diff command to improve output formatting.
- Changes code formatting to respect black coding style.
- Changes documentation to single-page layout.
Version 0.6.1 (2020-06-09)
- Fixes installation troubles for REANA 0.6.x release series by pinning several dependencies.
Version 0.6.0 (2019-12-27)
- Introduces user secrets management commands secrets-add, secrets-list and secrets-delete.
- Enhances run and create commands to allow specifying workfow via the --workflow flag.
- Introduces new command version to report client version.
- Fixes upload command behaviour for uploading very large files.
- Simplifies run command by removing free upload parameters.
- Upgrades cwltool to 1.0.20191022103248.
- Disables SSL verification warnings when talking to self-signed server certificates.
Version 0.5.0 (2019-04-24)
- Introduces new resources field in reana.yaml specification file allowing to declare computing resources needed for workflow runs, such as the CVMFS repositories via cvmfs subfield.
- Improves reana-client embedded command-line documentation (-help) by grouping commands and providing concrete usage examples for all commands.
- Enhances workflow start command allowing to override input parameters (--parameter) and to specify additional operational options (--option).
- Introduces new workflow run wrapper command that creates workflow, uploads its input data and code and starts its execution.
- Introduces new workflow stop command for stopping a running workflow.
- Enhances workflow logs command output capabilities via new --json option.
- Introduces new workflow diff command for comparing two workflow runs.
- Introduces new workflow delete command for deleting one or more workflow runs.
- Introduces new session open command allowing to run interactive sessions such as Jupyter notebook upon workflow workspace.
- Introduces new session close command for closing interactive sessions.
- Renames past workflows command to list allowing to list both workflow runs and interactive sessions.
- Introduces new workspace du command for checking workspace disk usage.
- Introduces new workspace mv command for moving files within workspace.
- Introduces new workspace rm command for removing files within workspace.
- Renames past workspace list command to ls allowing to list workspace files. Enhances its output capabilities via new --format option.
- Introduces new API function create_workflow_from_json() which allows developers and third-party systems to create workflows directly from JSON specification.
Version 0.4.0 (2018-11-07)
- Enhances test suite and increases code coverage.
- Changes license to MIT.
Version 0.3.1 (2018-09-25)
- Amends upload and download commands that will now upload/download all the files specified in reana.yaml in case no arguments are provided.
- Fixes status command’s JSON output mode.
- Upgrades CWL reference implementation to version 1.0.20180912090223.
- Renames Serial workflow operational parameter from CACHING``to ``CACHE.
- Adds support for Python 3.7.
Version 0.3.0 (2018-08-10)
- Adds support for Serial workflows.
- CLI refactored to a flat design:
- inputs/outputs/code removed, everything is a file managed with upload/download/list commands.
- Removes workflow command, workflows are managed with create/start/status.
- Removes analyes command, now validate is first level command.
- status now shows the selected workflow progress and current command on verbose mode.
- Requires the usage of an access token to talk to REANA Server.
- Fixes bug when uploading binary files.
- Supports addition of workflow engine parameters when using start for serial workflows.
- Improves error messages.
Version 0.2.0 (2018-04-20)
- Adds support for Common Workflow Language workflows.
- Adds support for persistent user-selected workflow names.
- Enables file and directory input uploading using absolute paths.
- Adds new status command to display the current status of the client.
- Reduces verbosity level for commands and improves error messages.
Version 0.1.0 (2018-01-30)
- Initial public release.
Please note that REANA is in an early alpha stage of its development. The developer preview releases are meant for early adopters and testers. Please don’t rely on released versions for any production purposes yet.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size reana-client-0.7.1.tar.gz (50.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|