REANA-Client is a component of the REANA reusable and reproducible research data analysis platform. It provides a command-line tool that allows researchers to submit, run, and manage their computational workflows.
- seed workspace with input code and data
- run computational workflows on remote compute clouds
- list submitted workflows and enquire about their statuses
- download results of finished workflows
$ # create new virtual environment $ virtualenv ~/.virtualenvs/reana $ source ~/.virtualenvs/reana/bin/activate $ # install reana-client $ pip install reana-client
The detailed information on how to install and use REANA can be found in docs.reana.io.
Version 0.8.0 (2021-11-24)
- Adds support for running and validating Snakemake workflows.
- Adds support for outputs.directories in reana.yaml allowing to easily download output directories.
- Adds new command quota-show to retrieve information about total CPU and Disk usage and quota limits.
- Adds new command info that retrieves general information about the cluster, such as available workspace path settings.
- Changes validate command to add the possibility to check the workflow against server capabilities such as desired workspace path via –server-capabilities option.
- Changes list command to add the possibility to filter by workflow status and search by workflow name via --filter option.
- Changes list command to add the possibility to filter and display all the runs of a given workflow via -w option.
- Changes list command to stop including workflow progress and workspace size by default. Please use new options –include-progress and –include-workspace-size to show this information.
- Changes list --sessions command to display the status of interactive sessions.
- Changes logs command to display also the start and finish times of individual jobs.
- Changes ls command to add the possibility to filter by file name, size and last-modified values via --filter option.
- Changes du command to add the possibility filter by file name and size via --filter option.
- Changes delete command to prevent hard-deletion of workflows.
- Changes Yadage workflow specification loading to be done in reana-commons.
- Changes CWL workflow engine to cwltool version 3.1.20210628163208.
- Removes support for Python 2.7. Please use Python 3.6 or higher from now on.
Version 0.7.5 (2021-07-05)
- Changes workflow validation to display more granular output.
- Changes workflow parameters validation to warn about misused parameters for each step.
- Changes dependencies to unpin six so that client may be installed in more contexts.
- Fixes environment image validation not to test repetitively the same image.
- Fixes upload_to_server() Python API function to silently skip uploading in case of none-like inputs.
Version 0.7.4 (2021-04-28)
- Adds support of wildcard patterns to ls command.
- Adds support of directory download and wildcard patterns to download command.
- Changes list command to include deleted workflows by default.
- Fixes environment image validation info message where UIDs were switched.
Version 0.7.3 (2021-03-24)
- Adds validation of workflow input parameters to the validate command.
- Adds optional validation of workflow environment images (--environments) to the validate command.
Version 0.7.2 (2021-01-15)
- Adds support for Python 3.9.
- Fixes exception handling when uploading files.
- Fixes minor code warnings.
- Fixes traling slash issue from user exported REANA_SERVER_URL.
Version 0.7.1 (2020-11-10)
- Changes ping command output to include REANA client and server version information.
- Fixes upload command to properly display errors.
Version 0.7.0 (2020-10-20)
- Adds option to logs command to filter job logs according to compute backend, docker image, status and step name.
- Adds new restart command to restart previously run or failed workflows.
- Adds possibility to specify operational options in the reana.yaml of the workflow.
- Fixes user experience by preventing dots as part of the workflow name to avoid confusion with restart runs.
- Changes du command output format.
- Changes file loading to optimise CLI performance.
- Changes logs command to enhance formatting using marks and colours.
- Changes from Bravado to requests to improve download performance.
- Changes ping command to perform user access token validation.
- Changes defaults to accept both reana.yaml and reana.yml filenames.
- Changes diff command to improve output formatting.
- Changes code formatting to respect black coding style.
- Changes documentation to single-page layout.
Version 0.6.1 (2020-06-09)
- Fixes installation troubles for REANA 0.6.x release series by pinning several dependencies.
Version 0.6.0 (2019-12-27)
- Introduces user secrets management commands secrets-add, secrets-list and secrets-delete.
- Enhances run and create commands to allow specifying workfow via the --workflow flag.
- Introduces new command version to report client version.
- Fixes upload command behaviour for uploading very large files.
- Simplifies run command by removing free upload parameters.
- Upgrades cwltool to 1.0.20191022103248.
- Disables SSL verification warnings when talking to self-signed server certificates.
Version 0.5.0 (2019-04-24)
- Introduces new resources field in reana.yaml specification file allowing to declare computing resources needed for workflow runs, such as the CVMFS repositories via cvmfs subfield.
- Improves reana-client embedded command-line documentation (-help) by grouping commands and providing concrete usage examples for all commands.
- Enhances workflow start command allowing to override input parameters (--parameter) and to specify additional operational options (--option).
- Introduces new workflow run wrapper command that creates workflow, uploads its input data and code and starts its execution.
- Introduces new workflow stop command for stopping a running workflow.
- Enhances workflow logs command output capabilities via new --json option.
- Introduces new workflow diff command for comparing two workflow runs.
- Introduces new workflow delete command for deleting one or more workflow runs.
- Introduces new session open command allowing to run interactive sessions such as Jupyter notebook upon workflow workspace.
- Introduces new session close command for closing interactive sessions.
- Renames past workflows command to list allowing to list both workflow runs and interactive sessions.
- Introduces new workspace du command for checking workspace disk usage.
- Introduces new workspace mv command for moving files within workspace.
- Introduces new workspace rm command for removing files within workspace.
- Renames past workspace list command to ls allowing to list workspace files. Enhances its output capabilities via new --format option.
- Introduces new API function create_workflow_from_json() which allows developers and third-party systems to create workflows directly from JSON specification.
Version 0.4.0 (2018-11-07)
- Enhances test suite and increases code coverage.
- Changes license to MIT.
Version 0.3.1 (2018-09-25)
- Amends upload and download commands that will now upload/download all the files specified in reana.yaml in case no arguments are provided.
- Fixes status command’s JSON output mode.
- Upgrades CWL reference implementation to version 1.0.20180912090223.
- Renames Serial workflow operational parameter from CACHING``to ``CACHE.
- Adds support for Python 3.7.
Version 0.3.0 (2018-08-10)
- Adds support for Serial workflows.
- CLI refactored to a flat design:
- inputs/outputs/code removed, everything is a file managed with upload/download/list commands.
- Removes workflow command, workflows are managed with create/start/status.
- Removes analyes command, now validate is first level command.
- status now shows the selected workflow progress and current command on verbose mode.
- Requires the usage of an access token to talk to REANA Server.
- Fixes bug when uploading binary files.
- Supports addition of workflow engine parameters when using start for serial workflows.
- Improves error messages.
Version 0.2.0 (2018-04-20)
- Adds support for Common Workflow Language workflows.
- Adds support for persistent user-selected workflow names.
- Enables file and directory input uploading using absolute paths.
- Adds new status command to display the current status of the client.
- Reduces verbosity level for commands and improves error messages.
Version 0.1.0 (2018-01-30)
- Initial public release.
Please note that REANA is in an early alpha stage of its development. The developer preview releases are meant for early adopters and testers. Please don’t rely on released versions for any production purposes yet.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size reana-client-0.8.0.tar.gz (66.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|