A command line application that lets you browse Reddit.
RedditCLI brings Reddit to the terminal, allowing you to do the following without leaving your command line:
- Browse public subreddits, posts, comments, and users.
- Iterate through comments and post indexes.
- Search for posts, comments, and users.
- Clear all the commands on the screen.
The following command will install
$ pip3 install redditcli
If you are not installing in a virtualenv, run with
$ sudo pip3 install redditcli
Once installed, run the
RedditCLI auto-completer with interactive help:
$ rdt <command> [options] [args]
Auto-Completer and Interactive Help
You can enable fish-style completions and an auto-completion menu with interactive help:
If available, the auto-completer also automatically displays commands through a pager.
Within the auto-completer, the following syntax applies:
redditcli:$>> rdt <command> [options] [args]
Description: list posts front page and sorts by optional hot(default), new, rising, top, controversial.
- --sort [hot|new|rising|top|controversial] - sort the list based on categories
- --move [next|previous] - can only be used on result set
- --subreddits - list all public subreddits available on reddit
- --subreddits --move [next|previous] - can only be used on result set
Description: opens the permalink of the specified post index in a browser window.
- --index [Integer Value] - can only be used on result set
- --comments --index [Integer Value] - loads the comments of the specified post index. can only be used on result set
- --more-comments --index [Integer Value] - Loads more comments from the post scope if there are posts to load.
Description: Searches reddit for the specified search term.
- [Search Term]
- ls --move [next|previous] - can only be used on result set
- Description: Clears the screen
Supported Python Versions
Python 3 and above.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for redditcli-2.1.0-py3-none-any.whl