SSH Connection Manager
redial is a simple shell application that manages your SSH sessions on Unix terminal.
- Basic support for adding ssh keys to connections
- Dynamic, Local and Remote port forwarding settings (only one of each can be defined for now)
- UI state is restored at startup. Redial now remembers last selected connection and folder expanded/collapsed states
- Python 3 or later to run redial.
- mc (Midnight Commander) to use
Installing via pip
We recommend installing redial via pip:
pip3 install redial
Installing from Git
You can install the latest version from Git:
pip3 install git+https://github.com/taypo/redial.git
Dockerfile is provided.
docker build -t redial .
Run redial in Docker Container
docker run -it --rm redial:latest redial
- Manage your connections in folders/groups
- Open a file manager to your remote host (Midnight Commander should be installed)
- Edit/Move/Delete connection
- Copy SSH Key to remote host
More features coming soon..
Connect to SSH Session (ENTER)
ENTER to connect a SSH session.
Add Folder (F6)
F6 or click
F6 New Folder to add a folder. There must be at least
one connection under the folder.
Add Connection (F7)
F7 or click
F7 New Conn. to add a ssh connection.
Browse over mc (F5)
F5 or click
F5 Browse to open mc (Midnight Commander) session.
Remove Connection (F8)
F8 or click
F8 Remove to remove a session.
Edit Connection (F9)
F9 or click
F9 Edit to edit a session.
Move sessions and folders
up/down keys to move session or folder. For macOS users: Use
Configuration file is stored in
~/.config/redial/sessions. File format
is same as the SSH config file. Configuration file can be included in
SSH config file with the following way (Make sure that
~/.ssh/config file exists):
sed -i -e '1iInclude ~/.config/redial/sessions' ~/.ssh/config
Windows is currently not supported.
redial is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size redial-0.8.tar.gz (3.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size redial-0.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl (26.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|