ODT/ODS templating transforms for Plone
It registers a new portal transforms that let you dynamically generate odt or ods files for a given template.
This product is based on http://appyframework.org/pod.html
Since it aims to generate native LibreOffice/OpenOffice formats, it is not necessary running libre office in server mode.
This plugin is meant for developers, it could be used for generating dynamic odt/ods files, write a custom PloneFormGen adapter, etc.
>>> from zope.component import getUtility >>> from Products.PortalTransforms.interfaces import IPortalTransformsTool >>> file_contents = open('your odt file with variables').read() # see redomino/appytransforms/tests/input.odt >>> portal_transforms = getUtility(IPortalTransformsTool) >>> converter = portal_transforms.convertTo(target_mimetype='application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text.transformed', >>> orig=file_contents, >>> mimetype='application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text', >>> mapper=dict(plone_version='4.3.2-sunny-day-beta'), >>> ) >>> transformed_odt_contents = converter.getData()
appy.pod’s tips and limitations
Tips and appy.pod’s limitations.
- use the “Edit” -> “Changes” -> “Record” in order to display vars
- conditional text fields seems to be not supported (as far as I can see), use comments with do text if expr instead
- libreoffice does not support comments on single words (see http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/5256/comments-in-writer/), so it seems that you’ll have to the only way to
- repeating list items, it does not works as expected
- don’t use the “Edit” -> “Changes” -> “Record” on ods files!
- repeat rows adding a comment on the first cell with “do row for person in persons” and put dynamic content putting into the cell value =”person[‘age’]”
- if you want to pass a single variable and displaying it into a single cell use the followind syntax into the cell value =”variable_name” (not as a comment)
appy’s documentation is awful: if you are in trouble trying to get working ODT/ODS templates check out the tests doc https://github.com/redomino/redomino.appytransforms/tree/master/redomino/appytransforms/tests
- First release [davidemoro]