jquerytools tabs and slide implementations
A collection of useful views and portlets
The main purpose of this product is to provide series of useful views and portlets. Each of these can be applied to a folder or a collection.
- Gallery: A scrollable carousel.
- Tabs: Show the contents inside a tab.
- Accordion: Show the contents inside an accordion.
- Gallery with preview (image top): A scrollable carousel that shows a preview of each content.
- Gallery with preview (image bottom): A scrollable carousel that shows a preview of each content.
- Slideshow: Shows elements inside a folder (or collection) as a slideshow.
This product provides three portlets. For each portlet you can choose among many different views:
- Gallery with preview (image top)
- Gallery with preview (image bottom)
- List of items
- All items
The portlets are:
- TabsAndSlides Collection portlet: Show the items of a collection.
- TabsAndSlides Content portlet: Show items with a certain ID inside a certain context (usually a folderish object). If the item is a Folder or a collection it returns the contained items.
- TabsAndSlides Tal portlet: Show the items using a TAL expression. This expression can return a list of brain of a list of objects. This is a good reference: http://www.owlfish.com/software/simpleTAL/tal-guide.html
For each of that portlet you can limit the elements to be shown, randomize the order of the items, show or not the border of the portlet.
Customize the views
It’s very easy to customize the look and feel of the views !!! For example each of the content use a browserview to show its representation. The browserview are registered in the adapters.zcml (inside the browser package):
<browser:page for="*" name="gallery_adapter" class=".adapters.Gallery" permission="zope2.View" />
You can customize the apperance using a more specific Interface:
<browser:page for=".interfaces.IMyCustomContent" name="gallery_adapter" template="mygallery_adapter.pt" permission="zope2.View" />
or a layer interface:
<browser:page for="*" name="gallery_adapter" template="mygallery_adapter.pt" permission="zope2.View" layer=".interfaces.IThemeSpecific" />
The js configuration is overridable (redomino.tabsandslides.config.js).
- JQuerytools tabs
Installation Add the product to buildout as usual.:
... eggs = redomino.tabsandslides ...
redomino.tabsandslides shows up in the “Add-ons” configuration panel.
- Plone 4.x
- added history navigation on tabs, slides, imagetabs [sithmel]
- fixed header url [sithmel]
- added a more precise infinite recursion prevention. It allows, for example, to show customized views for topic or folder inside a tab [sithmel]
- Fix headers of portlets [sithmel]
- view templates fixes. Now they use the content-core slot instead of main slot [sithmel]
- portlet tal: now show only element that a user can view [sithmel]
- Fix italian translation (portlet helper) [sithmel]
- Fix example of how to get backreference on the tal portlet [sithmel]
- portlet content didn’t take into account security. Fixed [sithmel]
- Added a customizable footer to the tal portlet [sithmel]
- Fix examples in portlet tal helper (again) [sithmel]
- Fix wrong URLs in portlet listing [sithmel]
- Accordion portlets now have titles [sithmel]
- Fix examples in portlet tal helper [sithmel]
- removed types.xml from profiles. It’s useless and trigger the creation of new collections on old Plone [sithmel]
- another fix to content types vocabulary. May be useful to add contents that are not globally addable [sithmel]
- added selection helper for tal expression [sithmel]
- fix italian i18n [sithmel]
- Added class “portletItem” to portlets [sithmel]
- Fixed bug in content types vocabulary. Now it is possible to choose a global addable content type in portlets [sithmel]
- added compatibility for new plone 4.2 collections [sithmel]
- Changed default settings of accordion (autoHeight, collapsible). Now It’s more usable [sithmel]
- Fix the images size [sithmel]
- Added option “inherit from parent” in portlet “tal” and “content” [sithmel]
- Fixed the portlet templates in case of one element collection [sithmel]
- portlet collection: added a link to the collection on the footer [sithmel]
- added contextual content portlet [sithmel]
- changed the tabbed view template: moved the text above the tabs [sithmel]
- added dependency on collective.js.jqueryui [sithmel]
- added accordion view [sithmel]
- added portlet accordion view [sithmel]
- now I set the image size in the adapters [sithmel]
- removed useless classes in templates. Now it validate even on XHTML Strict [sithmel]
- removed min-height from tab panes [sithmel]
- fix slideshow height [sithmel]
- fix css on galleries white-space:nowrap [sithmel]
- added new templates for portlets: galleries with preview [sithmel]
- from now the adapters are browserview with templates: they are much easier to customize TTW [sithmel]
- added a gallery portlet [sithmel]
- changed the adapter for the content types [sithmel]
- fix the random function for the portlet collections [sithmel]
- put the template vocab outside the portlet file [sithmel]
- added a portlet for the folder [sithmel]
- updated readme [sithmel]
- added i18n (english and italian) [sithmel]
- Fix style [sithmel]
- added permissions dependencies for plone4.1 [sithmel]
- added MANIFEST.in for release on pypi [sithmel]
- fix various style related issues [sithmel]
- removed the portlets [sithmel]
- added a new type of portlet with selectable template [sithmel]
- changed the whole adapter approach see README for further explanation [sithmel]
- use JCarousel instead my own plugin [sithmel]
- added box view [sithmel]
- from now is easier to customize resources (images, css …) [sithmel]
- fix slideshow portlet (it crashed while editing properties ) [sithmel]
- added tabs portlet
- Modified slideshow_preview_view markup. [sithmel]
- New view (slideshow_preview_view). [sithmel]
0.5 (first released)
- Initial release