A Plone pathbar (breadcrumbs) viewlet implementation with more interactive features
The sentence “Plone is slow” can open a very big dicussion thread (and is commonly false!). What is often true is this: “Work with Plone UI is slow”.
The Plone interface need the user to click many times to do (or repeat) common tasks. This is how the World Wide Web works: click on a link, move to a page, click on another link…
What SpeedUpUI Pathbar does
The common static breadcrumb viewlet of Plone can be replaced with a new one.
Why work with static and poor-of-features links in the pathbar when we can replace those links with a command interface, to perform directly common operation on the elements inside the pathbar?
So the pathbar will change in a dropdown menu with inside common operation like:
- View the content (what stardard pathbar viewlet does normally)
- Edit the content directly
- Go to folder_contents view of the element
- Add new content inside the pathbar element, as you are inside the element itself where you can normally use the “Add new …” menu.
All those new features are nothing special right now, but can free the user from performing additional clicks.
Just register redturtle.speedupui.pathbar in your buildout .cfg file.
[instance] ... eggs = ... redturtle.speedupui.pathbar ... zcml = ... redturtle.speedupui.pathbar redturtle.speedupui.pathbar-overrides ...
- No test with Internet Explorer done right now!
- Think about add some Manager action (like /manage, /manage_security) but inside submenu to keep clean the current UI
- Added real permission checking on “Edit” and “Contents” commands
- Is now possible to add new portal content directly from the pathbar
- Fixed the non-closing-bug; unique ids for every menu was missing (as is indicated in dropdown.js doc string)
- Changed the pathbar separator for more usability. The arrowdown character is a know “click-me” element of Plone UI
- Initial release
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size redturtle.speedupui.pathbar-0.2.0alpha.tar.gz (13.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size redturtle.speedupui.pathbar-0.2.0alpha-py2.4.egg (14.9 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for redturtle.speedupui.pathbar-0.2.0alpha.tar.gz
Hashes for redturtle.speedupui.pathbar-0.2.0alpha-py2.4.egg