Generic functions. Clever registries and lookups
Reg: Clever Registries and Lookups
Reg is a Python library that provides generic function support to Python. It help you build powerful registration and configuration APIs for your application, library or framework.
- Experimental Python 3.3 support thanks to the future module.
- If a generic function implementation defines a lookup argument that argument will be the lookup used to call it.
- Added reg.mapply(). This allows you to call things with more keyword arguments than it accepts, ignoring those extra keyword args.
- A function that returns None is not assumed to fail, so no fallback to the original generic function is triggered anymore.
- An optional precalc facility is made available on Matcher to avoid some recalculation.
- Implement a specific PredicateMatcher that matches a value on predicate.
- Initial public release.