Remind Python library
Python library to convert between Remind and iCalendar. Can be used stand alone (provided rem2ics and ics2rem tools) as well as integrated as a CalDAV client or server.
You need to have the Remind command line tool in version 03.03.01 or higher installed. For Debian/Ubuntu use:
$ sudo apt-get install remind
$ pip install remind
This will install all Python dependencies as well.
$ python setup.py install
Set up a Remind CalDAV server
Have a look at radicale-remind
Sync to an external iCalendar server (http; cron)
curl URL | ics2rem >> ~/.reminders
Sync to an external CalDAV server
Have a look at remind-caldav
Format of the Remind MSG body
%" summary at location %" description
The %" is omitted, if there is no description in the iCalendar.
iCalendar -> Remind
- RECURRENCE-ID is not supported at the moment. This is a limitation of the used python-vobject library, see http://lists.skyhouseconsulting.com/pipermail/vobject/2009-September/000204.html.
Remind -> iCalendar
- Events are only evaluated in the given time frame, so events extending it, are cut of (birthday reminders for example).
- Complex reminders are only preserved in their evaluated form (PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT, OMIT, TRIGGER, BEFORE, SKIP). Same holds true for function evaluation in MSG. For example having the age in a birthday reminder results in the same string for every year. This could result in old data being provided as the internal state (cache) is only invalidated if one of the remind files change (last time stamp).
- Periodic reminders other then daily or weekly are not preserved.
- Two entries with the same content are only exported once.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size remind-0.15.0-py3-none-any.whl (21.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size remind-0.15.0.tar.gz (10.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|