A library for operating devices connected to a Raspberry Pi
This is a Python 3 library for easily setting up devices connected to a Raspberry Pi. It contains objects and methods for DC motors with and without software PWM, servos and LEDs.
Currently, following objects are available:
- SimpleMotor: DC Motor with bi-directional rotation (no PWM control)
- DCMotor: DC Motor with bi-directional rotation and PWM control methods
- Servo: Servo with PWM control and configuration methods
- LED: LED, Laser Diode or any other device which can be controlled using a single GPIO output pin
Installation and Usage
Option 1 (Recommended) :
sudo pip install rpi_devices
or using setuptools:
git clone https://github.com/munircontractor/raspberry-pi-device-library cd raspberry-pi-device-library sudo python3 setup.py install
Then, in your code:
from rpi_devices import cleanup, <Device>
Option 2 :
Copy the rpi_devices/devices.py files to your Raspberry Pi.
To use the objects, add the following lines at the top of your code:
import sys sys.path.append("/full/path/to/devices.py") from devices import cleanup, <Device>-
- Do not forget to run the library’s cleanup function or RPi.GPIO.cleanup() after you are done.
- Although all the classes in this library allow a different pin numbering mode during setup, it is strongly recommended to use the same mode across all devices. The pin numbering mode is set globally, so if devices are set with different pin numbering modes, code which is not calling a device method will automatically use the mode of the last device called, which can lead to undesirable and, at times, harmful behavior.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rpi_devices-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (7.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size rpi_devices-0.1.0.tar.gz (5.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for rpi_devices-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl