A library for throttling algorithms
This library is a small collection of algorithms that can be reused when throttling user interactions with a resource (e.g., an API).
This library strives to allow any limiter and backing store to be used together without needing to be worried about potential compatibility.
pip install rush
pipenv install rush
- A basic periodic interval rate limiter - N accesses per period of time. An example would be the GitHub API that limits authenticated users to 5,000 requests per hour.
- A leaky bucket rate limiter based off of the Generic Cell Ratelimiting Algorithm (a.k.a, GCRA).
- A Redis storage backend for rate limit results so that users can have state persisted across machines and application restarts.
- A in-memory dictionary storage backend for quick prototyping and testing.
- Type annotations built into the library, verified with mypy, and distributed to users.
- 100% test coverage
- Code auto-formatted by Black (CI will check if formatting wasn’t run prior to push)
- Commit messages following a uniform Kernel-like style
- Flake8, pylint, mypy, and bandit linting
- Complete type annotations
- Complete documentation linted by doclint and strictly compiled by Sphinx
All contributors are expected to read and follow our Code of Conduct.
To reduce the initial friction of submitting a pull request:
- Please run tox prior to submitting your pull request.
- After a commit, please run tox -e commitlint.
To make it easier to support you, please gather the following information prior to filing an issue:
- How you installed rush and the versions of its dependencies (if you’re using the Redis store, please include rfc3986 and redis version information).
- What stores and limiters are you using?
- An example that reproduces your problem
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rush-2021.4.0-py3-none-any.whl (18.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size rush-2021.4.0.tar.gz (15.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|