The LSST SQuaRE framework for Roundtable bots.
Safir is the SQuaRE Framework for Roundtable
Roundtable is the SQuaRE application and bot deployment platform, hosted on Kubernetes with Argo CD. Safir is a Python package that lets you develop Roundtable bots, based on the aiohttp.web asyncio web framework.
Install from PyPI:
pip install safir
The best way to create a new Safir-based Roundtable bot is with the roundtable_aiohttp_bot template.
Read more about Safir at https://safir.lsst.io
- Set up an aiohttp.ClientSession as part of the application start up an tear-down lifecycle.
- Set up structlog-based logging.
- Middleware for attaching request context to the logger to include a request UUID, method, and route in all log messages.
- Gather and structure Roundtable-standard metadata about your application.
The best way to start contributing to Safir is by cloning this repository creating a virtual environment, and running the init command:
git clone https://github.com/lsst-sqre/safir.git cd safir make init
For details, see https://safir.lsst.io/dev/development.html.
- The first release of Safir featuring:
- safir.http for adding an aiohttp.ClientSession to your application.
- safir.logging for configuring structlog loggers.
- safir.metadata helps your gather and structure metadata about your application for publishing on metadata endpoints.
- safir.middleware includes a logging middleware that adds a logger with bound context about the request to your Request object.
- Documentation about these features and a tutorial for starting a new application with the roundtable_aiohttp_bot template.
Copyright (c) 2020 Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc. (AURA)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size safir-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (10.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size safir-0.1.0.tar.gz (23.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|