Simple sitemap builder
A simple sitemap builder
The sitemap builder traverses links from a website and constrains itself to the given domain name. The final result will be a simple sitemap deduced from the links visited. The crawler will accept & process only URLs with http or https schemes.
Installation and usage
To run the following command to install the tool:
pip install -U sitemapbuilder
To run the sitemap builder:
sitemapbuilder -u 'https://monzo.com' -o test_monzo.dot
Some websites have strong protection and the tool will not work for them:
sitemapbuilder -u 'https://bloomberg.com' -o test_bloomberg.dot
- Generate Graphviz .dot file showing directed links between pages. One can generate PNG/PDF and other image/document formats.
- Have configurable decay (maximum depth) to avoid abuse.
- Visit web link within the same hostname by default.
- Use 5 threads by default and times out after 10 seconds.
- Timeout after 5 seconds when fetching a URL.
- Handle timeout exceptions when querying a website.
- Send a HTTP HEAD request and verify that Content-Type is text/html and charset is either UTF-8 or US-ASCII.
- Have a map of visited URLs to avoid revisiting them.
- Follow HTTP redirects.
- Configure the number of threads and timeout via cmd args.
- Allow web links from all subdomains.
- Allow web links from a list of domains.
- Allow web links matching a pattern.
- Add an option for hierarchical sitemap instead of directed graph.
- Use PriorityQueue instead of Queue to process links with higher decay first.
- Fine-graned info, warn and error logging.
- Pass seed links from a file.
- Save to and resume from a DB/persistent data source.
- Faster concurrency and better performance with asyncio.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sitemapbuilder-0.0.7.tar.gz (6.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|