Nifty tools and containers
Specialized containers as alternatives to Python’s built-in types and to those defined in the collections standard module.
- defaultnamedtuple factory function for namedtuples with default arguments
- forwardingdict defaultdict subclass that passes missing key to factory
Higher order functions like those found in languages like Haskell.
- compose compose a list of functions
- flip create a function with reversed arguments of another function
- foldl left-associative reduce
- foldr right-associatve reduce
Utilities for manipulating text.
- color add ansi colors and styles to strings
Utility functions for manipulating containers. Thanks Jack Fischer, for the idea for rmap.
- subdict extract a subset of a dictionary
- match compare multiple objects based on a list of shared attributes
- rmap recursively map a function onto items of nested containers
- head get the first element of a sequence
- tail get all but the first element of a sequence
- last get the last element of a sequence
- init get all but the last element of a sequence