A sexy, simple, yet powerful and extendable Slack bot
Slack Machine is a sexy, simple, yet powerful and extendable Slack bot. More than just a bot, Slack Machine is a framework that helps you develop your Slack team into a ChatOps powerhouse.
- Get started with mininal configuration
- Built on top of the Slack RTM API for smooth, real-time interactions
- Support for rich interactions using the Slack Web API
- High-level API for maximum convenience when building plugins
- Low-level API for maximum flexibility
- Plugin API features:
- Listen and respond to any regular expression
- Capture parts of messages to use as variables in your functions
- Respond to messages in channels, groups and direct message conversations
- Respond with Emoji
- Respond in threads
- Send DMs to any user
- Support for message attachments
- Listen and respond to any Slack event supported by the RTM API
- Store and retrieve any kind of data in persistent storage (currently Redis and in-memory storage are supported)
- Schedule actions and messages
- Emit and listen for events
- Help texts for Plugins
- Built in web server for webhooks
- Support for Interactive Buttons
- … and much more
You can install Slack Machine using pip:
$ pip install slack-machine
It is strongly recommended that you install slack-machine inside a virtual environment!
- Create a directory for your Slack Machine bot: mkdir my-slack-bot && cd my-slack-bot
- Add a local_settings.py file to your bot directory: touch local_settings.py
- Create a Bot User for your Slack team: https://my.slack.com/services/new/bot (take note of your API token)
- Add the Slack API token to your local_settings.py like this:
SLACK_API_TOKEN = 'xox-my-slack-token'
- Start the bot with slack-machine
You can find the documentation for Slack Machine here: http://slack-machine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Go read it to learn how to properly configure Slack Machine, write plugins, and more!
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|slack_machine-0.17.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (38.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|slack-machine-0.17.0.tar.gz (76.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|