A tool to annotate images of the Sun
A tool for annotating solar images with themes.
It's best to install in a clean virtual environment to avoid package conflicts or incorrect versions.
On a Mac or Linux machine:
python -m venv venv
pip install solarannotator
On a Windows machine:
py -m venv venv
py -m pip install solarannotator
For more details visit the Packaging guide.
Running and usage
Execute from the terminal after installing by running inside your virtual environment.
This launches the main software:
On the left hand side, you will see a preview that can be maniuplated with the controls below. It allows for viewing different SUVI channels with different configurations, e.g. one color versus three color. The preview controls allow you to select the minimum and maximum percentile shown as well as scale the image by raising all pixels to the selected power.
You interact by drawing on the preview image to create new regions in the thematic map. You can also relabel those patches by left-clicking in the thematic map with a new theme selected. Finally, you can see boundaries of regions from the thematic map back in the preview image by right clicking the thematic map.
This tool is still under development. There are many features coming.
- Ability to scale a single color image
- Ability to scale in a three color image
- Right click on a region in the thematic map and see its boundary in the preview
- Left click on a region in the thematic map to re-annotate all the contiguous pixels
- Undo annotations
- Differentiate save and save as
- Add color legend to radio buttons
- Redo annotations, after ctrl-z
- Overlay HEK and other pre-determined annotations
- Multiple normalization options
- Robustify the thematic map io for better metadata passing, also use SunPy maps
- Add a help guide
- Add an ability to load a template when you create a new date
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for solarannotator-1.0.1-py3-none-any.whl