Simple Progress Bar
spb - Simple Progress Bar
This module allows you to display, in the console, a progress indicator and other indicators of any process you need.
Indicators that can be displayed:
- progress indicator
- percent indicator
- timer indicator
- data rate indicator
- transmitted data indicator
Any indicator, if desired, can be either turned on or off or displayed with default settings, or you yourself can configure multiple parameters for any indicator you need.
How to install:
pip3 install spb --user
See in file requirements.txt
spb works with or higher.
How to import in your project:
from spb import SimpleProgressBar as spb
What are the required modules inside
Basic use cases. We display the progress bar itself and the percentage indicator with different settings. All possible options for setting parameters, see the documentation.
Here is not show the display of file transfer rate indicators and the number of transmitted data.
- Base example №1 (setup minimum parameters):
- Base example №2 (with setting some parameters you need):
- Base example №3 (with setting some parameters you need):
- Base example №4 (start progress bar not from zero cycles (percent)):
- Base example №5 (whith decreasing progress bar not from zero cycles (percent)):
Other configuration options (
variant_space) can be found here.
Examples of using:
How uses a load file indicator and progress bar indicator (the type of indicator will depend on the settings that you set)
- Example using № 1 (Download single file using requests module):
- Example using № 2 (Download files from url list one by one using requests module).
- Example using № 3 (Download files from url list one by one using urllib3).
- Example using № 4 (Download multiple files (Parallel/bulk download) using requests module).
- Example using № 5 (Download video from YouTube using pytube module):
- Example using № 6 (Download video playlist from YouTube using pytube module).
- Example using № 7 (Download one file or all files from a folder Google Drive using google-api-client).
- Example using № 8 (Download from Google drive using requests module and not using google-api-client):
All english documentation can be found in - wiki
All possible settings (parameters) can be found in the this page - parameters.
Русская документация - wiki
Все возможные настройки (параметры) можно найти на этой странице - parameters.
Unit-tests - test_spb.py
python3 -m unittest discover
Unicode-symbols values that can be used for parameters, can be taken from the Unicode table. You can copy Unicode characters, for example, from this site: https://unicode-table.com/en/
By default, the width of the console window is different on different systems, but on average 80 columns. If you do not expand the console window to full screen, then this will not be enough to display all the possible indicators and inscriptions in the progress bar line. But thanks to the settings, you can display those indicators, icons and exchanges of indicators that you need and hide what you do not need.
Alexey Patsukov 🇷🇺 - GitHub profile
If you spotted something weird in application behavior or want to propose a feature you are welcome.
If you are eager to participate in application development and to work on an existing issue (whether it should be a bugfix or a feature implementation), fork, write code, and make a pull request right from the forked project page.
Spread the word
If you have some tips and tricks or any other words that you think might be of interest for the others — publish it wherever you find convenient.
Help in the development of the project
If you want to help in the development of the project or just to thank the author, this can be done through PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/patsuckow
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size spb-0.1.1-py3-none-any.whl (27.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size spb-0.1.1.tar.gz (28.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|