Sphinx extension for CodeRefinery lessons
This is a Sphinx extension for software-carpentry style lessons. It is designed as a replacement for the Jekyll-based software templates.
- Sphinx, including power from all of its extensions.
- Markdown via the myst_parser parser, so has access to all Sphinx directives natively
- Jupyter as a source format, including executing the notebook (via myst_nb).
- Automatically building via Github Actions and automatic deployment to Github Pages. Included workflow file builds all branches, so you can also preview pull requests.
- Directives for exercises/prereq/etc, works in both ReST and md.
- The Sphinx part can be separated into a separately installable and versionable Python package, so we don’t need git sub-modules.
- Execute code cells in markdown (via myst_nb).
- Consists of sub-extensions for substitutions. Adding
sphinx_lesson as an extension will bring in these:
- sphinx_lesson.directives (the core directives)
- sphinx_lesson.md_transforms (reprocess some other markdown format into myst_nb format)
- myst_nb (not developed by us)
Host Site Locally for Development
Create a virtual python environment:
python -m venv venv
Activate the virtual environment:
source activate venv/bin/activate
Install python packages:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Build local files (this can also be used for deployment):
make html # Output in _build/html/ make clean html # clean + full rebuild
Or, start a live-compiled service for your compiled site for local development:
Then view created site in your browser at http://localhost:8000 (follow the link in your console).
In beta use by CodeRefinery and active development. External users would be fine (but let us know so we know to keep things stable).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sphinx_lesson-0.8.7-py3-none-any.whl (8.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size sphinx_lesson-0.8.7.tar.gz (8.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for sphinx_lesson-0.8.7-py3-none-any.whl