Python package to control Spotify and Spotify Connect without requiring spotify locally installed
Spotify and Spotify Connect CLI
version number: 0.1 author: Hicham Tahiri
Python package to control Spotify and Spotify Connect without requiring spotify official client locally installed.
Uses the awesome Spotipy library.
To install use pip:
$ pip install spoticonnect
Or clone the repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/aerospeace/spoticonnect.git $ cd spoticonnect $ python setup.py install
To get started, install spoticonnect and create an app on https://developers.spotify.com/
spoticonnect a first time to run the initial environment setup.
- The environment setup will ask you to input your app details (i.e. username, client_id, client_secret and redirect_url).
- The redirect url can be any valid url not bound, for instance http://localhost:888/callback
- Those credentials will be saved in ~/.config/spoticonnect/configuration.ini
- The underlying awesome library Spotipy will then take charge of opening a browser window for you to authorise spoticonnect to access your Spotify app api.
- Following approval, you will have to copy the final url back to your terminal (Yes this is a convoluted process, please blame Spotify, and not nor Spotipy developpers.
spoticonnect --help for details
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size spoticonnect-0.2.tar.gz (4.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|