Spotify in the terminal.
pip install spotui
Register a developer application at: https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard/login. Once you create the application you'll need to edit it to add a Redirect URI. Use something like 'http://localhost:8888/callback' (it doesn't matter what you use really as long as it matches what's in your config file).
spotui to generate a sample config file at ~/.config/spotui/.spotuirc or create one manually with the following:
[spotify_api] user_name = *Your spotify username* client_id = *Your application client ID* client_secret = *Your application secret* redirect_uri = http://localhost:8888/callback [other] use_nerd_fonts = yes config_version = 1
Once you're done start the app with
spotui, log in via your browser and copy the URL of the broken web page you're taken to. (This ugly authentication process is part of the underlying Spotipy library I use so don't blame me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
This app acts like a kind of remote control for Spotify. The best way to use it is in conjunction with Spotifyd which means you won't need to actually have Spotify open. Alternatively, you can just open Spotify on your computer, phone etc. (press
d to pick the device to play on).
tab Switch section
g Scroll to top
G Scroll to bottom
d Open device menu
n Next track
p Previous track
→ Seek 10s forwards
← Seek 10s backwards
s Toggle shuffle
r Toggle repeat
- Persist certain settings (selected device, current playlist etc)
- Better unexpected stderr/stdout output handling
- Suppress exceptions
- Show exceptions in an elegant way
- Custom themes
- Why did you make this? To learn Python. This is literally the first thing I've ever made in Python
- Why should I use this instead of Rigellute's version? You like the way mine looks better? Rigellute's version is great, and it's written in Rust which automatically makes it cool :sunglasses:
- What do I do if something breaks? Raise an issue or submit a PR to fix my crappy code :pray:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size spotui-0.1.17-py3-none-any.whl (18.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size spotui-0.1.17.tar.gz (14.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|