A simple DAAP server
Spydaap is a media server supporting the DAAP protocol (aka iTunes
sharing). It is written in Python, uses the mutagen media metadata
library, and either the Avahi or python-zeroconf implementation.
- Runs on Unix-like systems (Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X).
- Can stream mp3s, ogg, flac, and Quicktime videos.
- Supports "smart" playlists written in Python.
- Written in 100 percent Python and easily modifiable.
- Caches almost everything for fast performance.
Note: This pypi package is maintained by the Exaile project, but will be kept in
sync with the upstream spydaap project.