Django MS SQL Server backends using pyodbcNote, I did not write this package. If you are the package owner and want me to transfer ownership, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Supports LIMIT+OFFSET and offset w/o LIMIT emulation under SS2005.
- Supports LIMIT+OFFSET under SS2000.
- Transparently supports Django’s TextField both under SS2000 and SS2005.
- Passes most of the tests of the Django test suite.
- Compatible with SQL Server and SQL Server Native Client from Microsoft (Windows) and FreeTDS ODBC drivers (Linux).
- Django from SVN, revision 8328 or newer (1.0 is r8961.)
- pyodbc 2.0.58 or newer
Add the directory where you have copied the project files to your Python path. So, for example, if you have the following directory structure:/home/user/src/django-pyodbc | +- sql_server | +- pyodbc
you should add /home/user/src/django-pyodbc to you Python module search path. One way to do this is setting the PYTHONPATH environment variable:$ export PYTHONPATH=/home/user/src/django-pyodbc
Now you can point the DATABASE_ENGINE setting in the settings file used by your Django application or project to the 'sql_server.pyodbc' module path:DATABASE_ENGINE='sql_server.pyodbc'
The following settings control the behavior of the backend:
Standard Django settings
- String. Database name. Required.
- String. SQL Server instance in "server\instance" format.
- String. Server instance port.
- String. Database user name. If not given then MS Integrated Security will be used.
- String. Database user password.
Dictionary. Current available keys are:
- Boolean. Indicates if pyodbc should direct the the ODBC driver to activate the autocommit feature. Default value is False.
- Boolean. Only relevant when running on Windows and with SQL Server 2005 or later through MS SQL Server Native client driver (i.e. setting DATABASE_ODBC_DRIVER to "SQL Native Client"). See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms131686.aspx. Default value is False.
Boolean. Only relevant if using the FreeTDS ODBC driver under Unix/Linux.
By default, when using the FreeTDS ODBC driver the value specified in the DATABASE_HOST setting is used in a SERVERNAME ODBC connection string component instead of being used in a SERVER component; this means that this value should be the name of a dataserver definition present in the freetds.conf FreeTDS configuration file instead of a hostname or an IP address.
But if this option is present and it’s value is True, this special behavior is turned off.
See http://freetds.org/userguide/dsnless.htm for more information.
- String. A named DSN can be used instead of DATABASE_HOST.
- String. ODBC Driver to use. Default is "SQL Server" on Windows and "FreeTDS" on other platforms.
- String. Additional parameters for the ODBC connection. The format is "param=value;param=value".
- String. Name of the collation to use when performing text field lookups against the database. Default value is "Latin1_General_CI_AS". For Chinese language you can set it to "Chinese_PRC_CI_AS".
New BSD LICENSE