Module for interacting with various Steam features
A python module for interacting with various parts of Steam.
Supports Python 2.7+ and 3.4+.
- SteamClient - communication with the steam network based on gevent.
- CDNClient - access to Steam content depots
- WebAuth - authentication for access to store.steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com
- WebAPI - simple API for Steam’s Web API with automatic population of interfaces
- SteamAuthenticator - enable/disable/manage two factor authentication for Steam accounts
- SteamID - convert between the various ID representations with ease
- Master Server Query Protocol - query masters servers directly or via SteamClient
For questions, issues or general curiosity visit the repo at https://github.com/ValvePython/steam.
Like using the command line? Try steamctl tool
For system specific details, see Installation Details.
Install latest release version from PYPI:
# with SteamClient dependecies pip install -U steam[client] # without (only when using parts that do no rely on gevent, and protobufs) pip install -U steam
Installing directly from github repository:
# cutting edge from master pip install git+https://github.com/ValvePython/steam#egg=steam # specific version tag (e.g. v1.0.0) pip install git+https://github.com/ValvePythonfirstname.lastname@example.org#egg=steam[client] # without SteamClient extras pip install git+https://github.com/ValvePythonemail@example.com#egg=steam
The repo includes a Vagrantfile to setup enviroment for expermentation and development. We assume you’ve already have vagrant and virtualbox set up. The VM is Ubuntu 16.04 with all necessary packages installed, and virtualenv for python2 and python3.
vagrant up # spin the VM and let it setup vagrant ssh # for python2 $ source venv2/bin/activate # for python3 $ source venv3/bin/activate
To run the test suite with the current python, use
To run for specific version, setup a virtual environment
virtualenv -p python3 py3 source py3/bin/active pip install -r requirements.txt make test
IRC: irc.freenode.net / #steamkit (join via webchat)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size steam-1.2.0.tar.gz (410.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|