Module for interacting with various Steam features
A python module for interacting with various parts of Steam.
Supports Python 2.7+ and 3.3+.
- SteamAuthenticator - enable/disable/manage 2FA on account and generate codes
- SteamClient - communication with the steam network based on gevent.
- SteamID - convert between the various ID representations with ease
- WebAPI - simple API for Steam’s Web API with automatic population of interfaces
- WebAuth - authentication for access to store.steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com
For questions, issues or general curiosity visit the repo at https://github.com/ValvePython/steam.
For details on require system packages, see Full Installation.
Install latest version from PYPI
pip install -U steam
Install the current dev version from github
pip install git+https://github.com/ValvePython/steam
The repo includes a Vagrantfile to setup enviroment for expermentation and development. We assume you’ve already have vagrant and virtualbox set up. The VM is Ubuntu 16.04 with all necessary packages installed, and virtualenv for python2 and python3.
vagrant up # spin the VM and let it setup vagrant ssh # for python2 $ source venv2/bin/activate # for python3 $ source venv3/bin/activate
To run the test suite with the current python, use
To run for specific version, setup a virtual environment
virtualenv -p python3 py3 source py3/bin/active pip install -r requirements.txt make test