A Python package to read/write STEP data files.
THIS PROJECT IS IN PLANNING STATE!
STEPutils is a Python package to manage STEP model data.
The intention of this package is to build a simple document object model (DOM) for STEP model data like
xml.etree.ElementTree for XML data. STEPutils could be used as import/export layer for CAD like application.
The DOM has methods to traverse, create and delete object nodes but no further CAD-like functionality like translating,
scaling or rotating objects, if you need that - you are looking for a CAD application like
For more information about the STEP (ISO 10303) standard read this Wikipedia article.
- Python package to manage a simple document object model (DOM) for STEP model data
- the intended audience are developers
- requires at least Python 3.7
- OS independent
- tested with GitHub actions for windows-latest and linux-latest
Install with pip for Python 3.7 and later:
pip install steputils
Install latest development version with pip from GitHub:
pip install git+https://github.com/mozman/steputils.git@master
or from source:
python setup.py install
The source code of STEPutils can be found at GitHub, target your pull requests to the
- BUGFIX: #3 multiline string support
- EXPRESS parser implemented with antlr4
- optimized STEP-file loader and serializer, speed gain about 7x
- renamed module
p21and implemented factory functions at module level
- pre-alpha state
- STEP-file loader and serializer works
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.