A really slow database
Are you tired of software that’s too smart? Try StupiDB, the stupidest database you’ll ever come across.
StupiDB was built to understand how a relational database might be implemented.
Systems like PostgreSQL are extremely complex. It’s hard for to me to imagine what implementing the simplest, stupidest core of something like PostgreSQL would look like, so I decided to write my own.
- Free software: Apache Software License 2.0
- Documentation: https://stupidb.readthedocs.io.
- Stupid joins
- Stupid window functions
- Sophomoric group bys
- Stupidly scales down
- Doesn’t work with your microservice
- No documentation
- Not even close to 100% test coverage
- Stupid simple in-memory format
- Stupidly easy to read codebase
- User defined aggregates, including custom stupid window aggregates
- “Volanco” tuple-at-a-time model
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size stupidb-0.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (10.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size stupidb-0.1.0.tar.gz (15.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for stupidb-0.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl