The stupidest of all the databases.
Pronounced in at least two ways:
- Stoo-PID-eh-bee, rhymes with "stupidity"
- Stoopid-DEE-BEE, like "stupid db"
Are you tired of software that's too smart? Try StupiDB, the stupidest database you'll ever come across.
StupiDB was built to understand how a relational database might be implemented.
RDBMSs like PostgreSQL are extremely complex. It was hard for to me to imagine what implementing the core of a relational database like PostgreSQL would look like just by tinkering with and reading the source code, so I decided to write my own.
- Stupid joins
- Idiotic window functions
- Woefully naive set operations
- Sophomoric group bys
- Dumb custom aggregates
- Scales down, to keep expectations low
- Wildly cloud unready
- Worst-in-class performance
- Stupid simple in-memory format:
- Stupidly clean codebase
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.