Plone debug/development helper
The Oracle is a debug/development helper app for Plone. It currently shows the following information about a given user/context:
- Authenticated User Info - ID, member type, roles, etc.
- Basic Context Info - ID, portal_type, path, absolute_url, etc.
- Context Workflow Info - Review state, history, assigned workflow
- Catalog Indexes
- Catalog Metadata
- Methods - Including security declarations
- Attributes - including values
- Valid/Invalid permissions (including security settings)
- Context source code
- Browser view registrations on context
- Request content
It also provides a fast way to drop to PDB at any given context.
To install, just stick it in your buildout, once you’ve got your instance running, there’s a few of views which you can use:
- the_oracle - This is the main tool
- opdb - Drops you to pdb at the current context (self.context)
If the Context Fields section isn’t showing enough information about the object schema, try adding ?extras=True to the url. This will show extended information (Searchable, Mode, Index and Edit Accessors, Vocabulary).
A Friendly Warning
DO NOT LEAVE THIS PRODUCT INSTALLED ON A PRODUCTION SITE! IT MASSIVELY UNDERMINES THE SECURITY OF THE SITE IT’S INSTALLED ON, AND IS VISIBLE TO ANY USER (EVEN ANONYMOUS). ALSO, BEARS WITH ASSAULT RIFLES WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND ROUGH YOU UP IF YOU DO. TAKE A MOMENT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. BEARS. ANGRY BEARS. WITH GUNS. IN YOUR KITCHEN. EATING YOUR DINNER.
- Got bored of ridiculously tiny version numbers
- Didn’t like the existing implementation so replaced it
- Added ability to see browser views
- Added support for setting/managing breakpoints then disabled it because it doesn’t work
- Made the_oracode put code inside pre tags if pygments is not installed
- Added line numbers and module information to source view
- Reversed the order of the changelog
- Renamed @@pdb @@opdb to allow PDBDebugMode compatibility
- Removed dependency on pygments (now optional)
- Modified the_oracode to accept modules
- Made module name in method list link to source of module
- Added path to file on filesystem on source view
0.0.3 - First release
- Changed system to use content providers (allows products to add their own information)
- Made prettier
- Added syntax highlighting for code stuff
0.0.2 - Unreleased
- Added lots of shiny
- Added the_oracall
- Added PDB
0.0.1 - Unreleased
- Initial release, original TTW python script for getting some useful info
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size teamrubber.theoracle-1.0.tar.gz (15.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|