A text-based space trading game
- Full screen text-based interface
- Single and multi-player modes (with standalone server)
- TradeWars 2002 concepts like sectors, planets, ports, and ships
It currently implements the TradeWars basics of a universe, sectors, and ports, but will soon be taken in new directions.
- 0.1 (released) - Basic client/server model with structured text ui and simple TW2002 gameplay
- 0.2 - Explore turn-based combat ala JRPGs like Octopath. Focus on game mechanics.
- 0.3 - Server and client saving, maybe host a game
- 0.4 - Who knows...
To run it, install Python 3.7 and run:
pip3 install terminal-space
Running the game
With the game installed, simply run
To run the server standalone (needed for the "Join Game" option), run:
To install it locally, run:
make virtualenv source venv/bin/activate
To run the client, type:
You can see all the possible commands by running:
Development is often streamed on my Twitch stream and I'm on twitter as @mrdonbrown.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size terminal_space-0.1.1-py3-none-any.whl (47.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size terminal-space-0.1.1.tar.gz (34.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for terminal_space-0.1.1-py3-none-any.whl