Set of Highly customizable sphinx themes. hackish, milkish, fandango, clear, fluid, garri, water and sugar.
Set of Highly customizable sphinx themes.
This package contains different sphinx theme that can be easily customized to look like a complete website or just a documentation webpage.
To use one of the theme install the themata package from python index.
pip install themata
or equivalent (add themata to any appropriate requirements files).
The following themes are implemented in the project. Follow the link for detail documentation for each of the themes.
To use one of the them install the themata package, and specify the theme to use in the conf.py file.
To use the milkish theme, set the following option in your conf.py file.
import os import themata project = 'First Doc' copyright = '2020, Adewale Azeez' author = 'Adewale Azeez' html_favicon = 'favicon.png' html_theme = 'milkish'
Each of the themes has theme options to customize the look of the generated pages. The options for each of the themes can be view on their documentation page (links above).
The full documentation is at https://thecarisma.github.io/themata. To read the documentation offline run the gendoc.bat command in the docs/ folder to generate a dist folder.
How it works
In each of the theme folder, the theme.conf is used to declare the the defult theme options, the layout.html file is the template for all the generated pages in the theme. The __init__.py file is where the theme and it version is added to sphinx. static*.css_t is the cascaded style sheet template for the theme.
Fork the project clone the test branch to view the static test folder which is used as template for the main theme module in themata. Copy one of the static folder change the css to suite your need, then make a copy of one of the theme in themata folder then add your static css file ending with .css_t. Write a documentation for the new theme in the doc folder. Send in a PR if it OK it will be merged into the main project.
If you have any feature request or issue, open a new issue here.
Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal License. Copyright (c) 2020 Adewale Azeez
- makes left sidebar and header of water theme fixed https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/11 8346703
- addd colapsible sidebar theme option to water theme cb95e5f
- navbar links now accept relative and absolute links instead of absolute only https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/15 f1acf57
- update the layout.html to add proper source suffix for edit page 0cd48d6
- reduce margin and spacing the code block d942fdb
- add theme options to customize note, warning, seealso and topic background and border https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/6 befd80a
- add the documentation for theme option cutomize the table row background ba46635
- fix table overflow, table customization should be done by user with custom css https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/8 a02e558
- add support for metadata and twitter_metadata https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/9 79d50a9
- add support for metadata and twitter_metadata https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/9 21393b4
- add support for metadata and twitter_metadata https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/9 b59ae69
- make the title bold and reduce the monstrous padding in code block. https://github.com/Thecarisma/themata/issues/12 23e5336
- make the title bold and reduce the monstrous padding in code block ac160e9
- modify the table css to make it look more clean and stylish 36a71d4
- change the style of the code rendering e78e1c7
- Remove <no title> from pages with no title. If no title set title to page or project name 731e51d
- Add theme option to set the document font-size aefa7ac
- Add theme option document font-size to each theme documentation a474591
- Put note on top of each theme page that link back to themata 8b3bc8d
- Make the document occupy 100% in sugar theme if left and right sidebar is disabled 439fd97
- Add optional ‘edit this page’ button to webpages e.g. edit on github df0987c
- Add source_root option for the edit on link and source_root_edit_text for the text to display to theme option df0987c
- Document the source_root and source_root_edit_text theme options e9ea268
Use a script to generate pymodule from the test folder
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.