A CLI utility for torrent creation and manipulation.
thorod is a CLI utility for torrent creation and manipulation.
What's a thorod?
Thorod means torrent (of water) in the Tolkien Elvish language of Sindarin.
Why use thorod?
There are many CLI torrent utilities out there, so here are some unique or notable features of thorod:
- All torrents are unique; a random salt is added to all created/xseeded torrents.
- Supports trackers on the same tier.
- Type less with tracker abbreviations.
- Includes a number of open public trackers by default.
- Includes auto generated open and random abbreviations to help balance load between open public trackers.
- Users can list/add/remove their own tracker abbreviations directly from CLI as well as manually editing config file.
- Generate magnet links on creation or on command.
- Has an xseed command to generate a cross-seedable torrent without re-hashing files.
- View information about a torrent file in the terminal, rather than adding it to a torrent client.
- Simple automatic piece size calculation from 16 KiB to 32 MiB on by default. Users can set manually by option.
- Supports source key in info dict used by private trackers.
pip install -U thorod
Showing appreciation is always welcome.
Get your own thanks inbox at SayThanks.io.
Contribute by submitting bug reports, feature requests, or code.
Help Others/Stay Informed
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size thorod-2.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (14.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size thorod-2.0.0.tar.gz (13.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|