A simple digital notebook using Markdown.
A script to generate a notebook in Markdown. The basic setup is designed around how I take digital notes but should be fairly hackable. I use it to make a single file per day that can then be merged into a single hmtl export or an export for each project I'm working on.
Inside each note:
- There's a single level 1 heading that is the name of the note (generally the day it covers),
- Each project goes under a level 2 heading,
- Tasks within those projects have a level 3 heading,
- Level 4 & 5 headings are optional sub-divisions within those tasks,
The script is designed to be called from the command-line. It takes a directory passed as a positional argument and a number of flags:
--generate_notegenerates a note for the current day,
--make_seriesgenerates notes for n days in the future,
--make_daygenerates notes a day specified as a text value,
--initialise_notebookgenerates a blank notebook in the directory,
--render_allmerges all markdown files and renders them into a single html output,
--clean_headingsruns a simple heading cleanup routine and runs user-set regex over all notes,
--extract_projectextracts and renders the notes for a specific project,
--extract_allextracts and renders the notes for all projects,
The script also allows for a few additional features (mainly during cleanup):
- Storing a list of all projects / tasks. This is mainly to allow corrections of misspellings etc.
- A list of regex corrections. The default set:
- Standardises newlines between tasks,
- Newline at the end of each file,
- Homogenises quote marks (e.g. ’ to '),
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tidynotes-20.1.8-py3-none-any.whl (26.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size tidynotes-20.1.8.tar.gz (20.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for tidynotes-20.1.8-py3-none-any.whl