Various command line interface utilities. - readline-related utilities - an enhanced command shell - text editing using an external editor - display of long text using a pager
Various command line interface utilities.
This package requires Python 2, at least 2.5.
tl.cmd: an enhanced command shell
tl.cmd.Cmd is a command shell based on Python’s cmd.Cmd that adds some generic usability features, some of them only of interest to developers.
- Exceptions are caught instead of aborting the command loop. The traceback is stored for subsequent introspection by the postmortem debugger. The debugger is run by the postmortem command.
- The python command runs a Python shell to access the command interpreter directly.
- End-of-file sent by the terminal quits the command loop.
- Empty input lines are ignored instead of repeating the previous command.
- Commands may be abbreviated as long as abbreviations are unambiguous.
- When using tab completion, the cursor is positioned more conveniently.
- Online help for commands is generated from the docstrings of the do_* methods that implement them where no help_* methods exist.
tl.cli.edit: text editing
|tl.cli.edit.edit(text, editor=None, file_encoding=None):|
|Runs the user’s favourite text editor (or vi) on a temp file containing the text string, then reads it back in and returns the edited content.|
tl.cli.page: paging through text
|Runs the user’s favourite pager (or more) on a text string or stream which is sent to the pager’s standard input.|
|Runs the user’s favourite pager (or more) on a file whose path is passed to the pager as its only argument.|
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tl.cli-0.2.tar.gz (13.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|