The Tricircle is to provide networking automation across Neutron in multi-region OpenStack deployments.
The purpose of the Tricircle project is to provide networking automation across Neutron servers in multi-region OpenStack clouds deployment.
Each OpenStack cloud includes its own Nova, Cinder and Neutron, the Neutron servers in these OpenStack clouds are called local Neutron servers, all these local Neutron servers will be configured with the Tricircle Local Neutron Plugin. A separate Neutron server will be installed and run standalone as the coordinator of networking automation across local Neutron servers, this Neutron server will be configured with the Tricircle Central Neutron Plugin, and is called central Neutron server.
Leverage the Tricircle Central Neutron Plugin and the Tricircle Local Neutron Plugin configured in these Neutron servers, the Tricircle can ensure the IP address pool, IP/MAC address allocation and network segment allocation being managed globally without conflict, and the Tricircle handles tenant oriented data link layer(Layer2) or network layer(Layer3) networking automation across local Neutron servers, resources like VMs, bare metal or containers of the tenant can communicate with each other via Layer2 or Layer3, no matter in which OpenStack cloud these resources are running on.
Note: There are some our own definitions of Layer2/Layer3 networking across Neutron. To make sure what they are, please read our design documentation, especially “6.5 L2 Networking across Neutron”. The wiki and design documentation are linked below.
The Tricircle and multi-region OpenStack clouds will use shared KeyStone(with centralized or distributed deployment) or federated KeyStones.
The Tricircle source code is distributed under the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0. The full terms and conditions of this license are detailed in the LICENSE file.
- Free software: Apache license
- Design documentation: Tricircle Design Blueprint
- Wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/tricircle
- Installation guide: https://docs.openstack.org/tricircle/latest/install/index.html
- Admin guide: https://docs.openstack.org/tricircle/latest/admin/index.html
- Configuration guide: https://docs.openstack.org/tricircle/latest/configuration/index.html
- Networking guide: https://docs.openstack.org/tricircle/latest/networking/index.html
- Source: https://opendev.org/openstack/tricircle
- Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tricircle
- Blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tricircle
- Release notes: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/tricircle
- Contributing: https://docs.openstack.org/tricircle/latest/contributor/index.html
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tricircle-7.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (325.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size tricircle-7.0.0.tar.gz (388.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for tricircle-7.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl