Experiemntal extensions for Trio, the friendly async I/O library
This is a library of interesting-but-maybe-not-yet-fully-proven extensions to Trio, the friendly Python library for async concurrency and I/O.
While we won’t release known-broken code, and we strive for cleanliness and good test coverage, please be advised that tricycle is mostly one person’s box of tools that seemed like a good idea at the time, and should be treated with according skepticism if you’re contemplating using it in production. It hasn’t necessarily been reviewed or tested to Trio’s standards, it supports at minimum Python 3.6, and some features might not be available on PyPy or on Windows.
- If you find that it meets your needs, you’re welcome to use it. We’ll endeavor to provide a (short) deprecation period on API changes, but no guarantees on that yet.
- If you find that it doesn’t meet your needs, feel free to let us know, but don’t say you weren’t warned. :-)
Currently we have:
- a readers-writer lock (tricycle.RWLock)
- slightly higher-level stream wrappers (tricycle.BufferedReceiveStream and tricycle.TextReceiveStream)
- some tools for managing cancellation (tricycle.open_service_nursery() and tricycle.MultiCancelScope)
- a way to make objects that want to keep background tasks running during the object’s lifetime (tricycle.BackgroundObject and the more general tricycle.ScopedObject)
- [watch this space!]
License and history
tricycle is licensed under your choice of the MIT or Apache 2.0 license. See LICENSE for details.
This library has its origins in a package of utilities that the author wrote at Hudson River Trading while building things for them with Trio. Many thanks to HRT for supporting open source in this way!
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tricycle-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (30.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size tricycle-0.2.1.tar.gz (35.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|