The server of the Tryton application platform. A three-tiers high-level general purpose application platform written in Python and use Postgresql as main database engine. It is the core base of an Open Source ERP. It provides modularity, scalability and security.
- Script for startup.
sphinx documentation in reStructuredText. To generate the HTML (trytond module must be in PYTHONPATH):sphinx-build doc/ doc/
- Configuration files.
- trytond sources.
Tryton is mainly developed for PostgreSQL but there is some other backends available. Here is some warnings about using other backends:
- The lock implementation of MySQL requires that Tryton locks all tables.
- There are problems with floating-point comparisons. See: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/problems-with-float.html
- Tryton uses a VARCHAR(255) for Char, Selection and Reference fields.
- MySQL can not create indexes containing text or blob fields.
- Tryton uses a DECIMAL(65, 30) for Decimal fields and DOUBLE(255, 30) for Float fields.
- SQLite can not alter column definitions nor create foreign keys.
- SQL constraints are validated by Tryton instead of database.
If you encounter any problems with Tryton, please don’t hesitate to ask questions on the Tryton bug tracker, mailing list, wiki or IRC channel:
For more information please visit the Tryton web site: