Collection of utilities for interacting with PyPI
Twine is a utility for interacting with PyPI.
Currently it only supports uploading distributions.
- Verified HTTPS Connections
- Uploading doesn’t require executing setup.py
- Uploading files that have already been created, allowing testing of distributions before release
$ pip install twine
- Create some distributions in the normal way:
$ python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel
- Upload with twine:
$ twine upload dist/*
$ twine upload -h usage: twine upload [-h] [-r REPOSITORY] [-s] [-i IDENTITY] [-u USERNAME] [-p PASSWORD] [-c COMMENT] dist [dist ...] positional arguments: dist The distribution files to upload to the repository optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -r REPOSITORY, --repository REPOSITORY The repository to upload the files to -s, --sign Sign files to upload using gpg -i IDENTITY, --identity IDENTITY GPG identity used to sign files -u USERNAME, --username USERNAME The username to authenticate to the repository as -p PASSWORD, --password PASSWORD The password to authenticate to the repository with -c COMMENT, --comment COMMENT The comment to include with the distribution file
- Fork the repository on GitHub.
- Make a branch off of master and commit your changes to it.
- Ensure that your name is added to the end of the AUTHORS file using the format Name <firstname.lastname@example.org> (url), where the (url) portion is optional.
- Submit a Pull Request to the master branch on GitHub.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|twine-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (12.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Sep 26, 2013|
|twine-1.0.1.tar.bz2 (15.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 26, 2013|
|twine-1.0.1.tar.gz (15.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 26, 2013|