A tool collection for processing tzx files
This is a collection of command line tools for processing TZX files. TZX is a common file format for preserving computer tapes of the ZX Spectrum, but also Amstrad CPC and C64. All the tzxtools are written in Python 3.
- Convert your old ZX Spectrum tape recordings into TZX files.
- List, split, merge, and divide the blocks inside TZX files.
- Extract binary content from TZX blocks.
- Read hex dumps, disassembled Z80 machine code, or BASIC code.
- Convert ZX Spectrum screens to PNG files.
- Generate TAP files for ZX Spectrum Next and some emulators.
- Disassembler also supports all undocumented Z80 instructions and ZX Spectrum Next instructions.
pip install tzxtools
tzxcat- Extracts data from a TZX file. Optionally disassembles, hex dumps or converts blocks to PNG.
tzxcleanup- Removes all clutter blocks and leaves a clean TZX file.
tzxcut- Cuts blocks from a TZX file.
tzxls- Lists the contents of a TZX file.
tzxmerge- Concatenates multiple TZX files into one file.
tzxsplit- Splits a TZX file into separate programs.
tzxtap- Converts a TZX file to TAP file format.
tzxwav- Converts WAV file tape recordings to TZX files.
See the documentation for how the tools are used.
tzxtools is open source software. The source code is distributed under the terms of GNU General Public License (GPLv3).
- I would like to thank all the people who keep the retro computing scene alive.