A tool collection for processing tzx files
This is a collection of command line tools for processing TZX files.
TZX is a common file format for preserving computer tapes of the ZX Spectrum, but also Amstrad CPC, C64 and MSX.
tzxtools mainly supports ZX Spectrum TZX files, but raw file operations can be applied on any TZX file. It also supports TSX files, which are mainly used for MSX.
- Convert your old ZX Spectrum tape recordings into TZX files.
- List, split, merge, and divide the blocks inside TZX files.
- Extract binary content from TZX blocks.
- Read hex dumps, disassembled Z80 machine code, or ZX Spectrum BASIC code.
- Convert ZX Spectrum screens to PNG files.
- Generate TAP files for ZX Spectrum Next and some emulators.
- Disassembler also supports all undocumented Z80 instructions and Z80N (ZX Spectrum Next) instructions.
- Also supports TSX Kansas City Standard blocks.
All the tzxtools are written in Python 3.
pip install tzxtools
tzxcat- Extracts data from a TZX file. Optionally disassembles, hex dumps or converts blocks to PNG.
tzxcleanup- Removes all clutter blocks and leaves a clean TZX file.
tzxcut- Cuts blocks from a TZX file.
tzxls- Lists the contents of a TZX file.
tzxmerge- Concatenates multiple TZX files into one file.
tzxsplit- Splits a TZX file into separate programs.
tzxtap- Converts a TZX file to TAP file format.
tzxwav- Converts WAV file ZX Spectrum tape recordings to TZX files.
See the documentation for how the tools are used.
tzxtools is open source software. The source code is distributed under the terms of GNU General Public License (GPLv3).
- I would like to thank all the people who keep the retro computing scene alive.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tzxtools-1.5.0.tar.gz (21.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|