udata customizations for data.gouv.fr
udata customizations for Etalab / Data.gouv.fr.
Notes on this repo
udata-front requires Python 3.7+ and udata.
Remain in the same Python virtual environment and install udata-front:
pip install udata-front
Create a local configuration file
udata.cfg in your udata directory
(or where your UDATA_SETTINGS point out) or modify an existing one as following:
PLUGINS = ['front'] THEME = 'gouvfr'
Prepare a udata development environment.
Note that we're using pip-tools on this repository too.
It is recommended to have a workspace with the following layout:
$WORKSPACE ├── fs ├── udata │ ├── ... │ └── setup.py ├── udata-front │ ├── ... │ └── setup.py └── udata.cfg
The following steps use the same Python virtual environment
and the same version of npm (for JS) as
udata-front repository into your workspace
and install it in development mode:
git clone https://github.com/etalab/udata-front.git cd udata-front pre-commit install pip install -e . -r requirements/test.pip -r requirements/develop.pip
udata.(in|pip)files are used by the CI to stay in sync with
udatarequirements. You shouldn't need to tinker with them on your local environment, but they might be updated by the CI when you make a Pull Request.
Modify your local
udata.cfg configuration file as following:
PLUGINS = ['front'] THEME = 'gouvfr'
You can execute
udata-front specific tasks from the
ex: Build the assets:
cd udata-front npm install inv assets-build
You can list available development commands with:
The front-end theme for the public facing website, is split into two parts :
- The Jinja templates are located inside
- The Less & other sourcefiles for the are located in
In addition we have a nice litle set of CSS Utilities to quickly build front end components, inspired by bootstrap, most of its documentation
lives in the css located in
theme/less/ and is built using Stylemark, you can read the live documentation
udata_front/theme/stylemark/ after building it using
npm run build-stylemark.
When building pages, here are a few templates to look out for in
home.html: well, duh.
footer.html: same idea.
raw.html: contains the general html structure exposing a
bodyblock where we can write our page's body.
base.html: contains some extra html structure exposing a
contentblock for our page's content.
Here are our reusable components :
dataset: datasets listings used in many pages.
reuse: cards for displaying dataset reused in the real world.
participez: is the large blue callout seen on multiple pages.
svg: contains SVG assets to be included in our pages.
Front docs todo :
- Parcel 2 architecture
- Static copy
- Stylemark build
- VueJS compiler mode
- VanillaJS IIFE architecture
- Vue 3 architecture
- Config plugin
- Components Back docs todo :
- CSS/JS file inclusion
- Static route for UI-Kit
Whenever a components needs some special styling, you can find their corresponding definitions inside
it's best if we can avoid having too much specific styling, but sometimes you just really need it.
Finally, we have a bunch of commands to make your life a tad easier, that you can run through
build: Builds the final CSS/JS files and the UI-Kit Documentation. You should probably use this one.
build:app: Builds the final CSS/JS files without the UI-Kit
build:stylemark: Builds the UI-Kit files and also the CSS/JS files but unminifed (do not use those static files in production)
i18n:report: Generates a report of the i18n missing and unused keys
i18n:extract: Same as above, but also automatically adds missing keys to translation files
clean: Cleans Parcel cache. Use this if you stumble upon weird bugs to start anew.
start: Get to coding with live reload and things
Current (in progress)
- :warning: breaking change: Package renamming and new repository #1:
- udata-gouvfr is now udata-front
- Update feedparser following setuptools 58.0.2 release that drops support for
- Show correct number of latest reuses on homepage #3
- Fix next value on login to prevent infinite loop #4
- Add About in header #623
- Add link to profile in admin for sysadmin #624
- Remove 'Sort by' button on organization pages #632
- :warning: Use pip-tools for dependency management:
- Update crowdin translations #622
- Update homepage wording #617
- Change banner trigger for geo.data.gouv.fr #618
- Show private datasets and reuses on organization page #619
- Make frontend banner configurable and remove newsletter banner settings #621
- Add a banner on geo.data.gouv.fr's datasets #607
- Replace mdstrip filter with markdown in resources descriptions #606
- Fix numerous responsive issues and prevent VueJS from crashing the page on compilation error #605
- Replace old COVID-19 inventory button with the new one for santé #608
- Add SPD datasets to home page #609
- Remove duplicate Participate block on dataset page #611
- Add redirect to dataset on submit for suggest search #612
- Add new translations #603
- Add vue sentry logging on gouvfr #594
- Add all featured topics button on homepage #597
- Resources descriptions are no longer truncated #596
- Fix URL for dataset search params #595
- Add organization search #593
- Fix reuses filters issue #592
- Remove suggest on mobile #590
- Added homepage "venti" button for the new inventory #591
- Fix datasets search pagination reset #588
- Replace link to /search route by /datasets #587
- Removed useless templates, views and tests after v3 #557
- Fix datasets search pagination #585
- :warning: breaking change: most of the theme/templates logic has been moved from https://github.com/opendatateam/udata to this repo.
udatano longer contains a default theme. In the 3.x series, we hope it will be usable as a "headless" open data platform, but for now you probably need to plug your own theme or use udata-gouvfr. More info about this change here. #492
- New translations #535
- Add new translations #518
- [maaf] fix encoding issue #531
- Add link to support page #532
- UX enhancement #525:
- Removed hero's background image.
- Removed home page's carrousel.
- Changed homepage's layout. Datasets are now on top followed by reuses.
- Renamed "Profile" to "Public profile"
- Thanks for all the fish #529
- Add venv activation in CircleCI's publish step #526
- New Crowdin translations #511
- Add Inventory cards on homepage #514
- Add documentation's dropdown menu with links to technical documentation and open data guides #516
- Read Only Mode modifications on theme #509:
- Will display a warning banner on the frontend view.
- Hides the contribute's home's modal.
- Hides the Reuse's creation card and community resource's creation card on dataset view.
- Newsletter's subscription banner #512:
- Override alert section in posts list template to display newsletter's subscription banner.
- Add settings
POST_BANNER_ACTIVATEDto toggle banner's activation.
- Add settings
POST_BANNER_MESSAGEto configure subscription's link and message.
- Add news link to posts list #504
- Pinned udata version to fix transitive requests dependencies #500
- Banner is now generic and configurable #499
- Fix links in static pages
- Show api.gouv.fr APIs on dataset page #493
- Add static /pages/* from md in github repo #483
- Fix packaging
- Adding banner with setting inherited from udata's settings #480
- Remove public services metrics #472
- Ajout du flag "recherche" pour activer le widget d'experimentation de recherche #466
- Add covid-19 badge for datasets and reuses #473
- Migrate to python3 🐍 #453
- Ajout de l'identifiant SPDX pour la licence Ouverte 2.0 #437
- Lien vers la doc d'API externe dans le footer #438
- Mise à jour de l'URL de Geo SIRENE #446
- New social logo (
- Data catalog: id as ref instead of slug #415
- Add cache for topic display page #414
- Fix card size on dataset page #418
- Switch removal of related tags in a topic page to a proper
relatedjinja tag #408
- Add the homologation of IGN licenses #412
- Home blog post extraction improvements. Supports both Atom and RSS 2.0, more image tag formats,
media:thumbnailand enclosures. #385
- Pin version of
- Improve header menu legibility #388
- Updates topic entry page #382
- Remove "compte des collectivités" from territories #376
- Push discussion under reuses and community resources 378
- Make use of assets manifest for long term caching #328
- Discussion add card style coherence #339
- Remove a duplicate rule on
- Fix the multisearch labels position #330
- Fix the navbar toggle button position 🎊 #327
- Add a reference on the page about SPD #318
- Fix packaging
- Typed resources related styles #265
- Enforce a domain whitelist when resource.filetype is file (migration) #292
- Use new pypi.org links #295
- Ensure active users have a confirmed_at date (migration) #298
- Remove credits page #306
- Add tracking and privacy page #310
- Limit number of forum topics #284
- Use new OEmbed cards in datasets recommandations #285
- Fix the RSS popover not being clickable #287
- Drop the custom style for non-certified datasets #288
- Fix some cards positionning
- Make use of udata pytest plugin #254
- Expose new entrypoints. Plugins and theme translations are now splitted #263
- Align card components design #252 #272
- Discourse timeout and response parse error catch #267
- Add tracking on home page call to action #271
- Add tracking on carousel elements #268
- Temporary carousel layout #274
- Add tracking of dataset recommendations #277
- Licenses: Update SHOM attachment + fix BAN URL #249
- Add the homologation of CC-BY-SA for SHOM #244
- Dataset recommendations #243
- Move some discussions style into
- Export community resource avatar style to udata #233
- Drop the
terms.htmltemplate. Terms and conditions are now externalized and use the udata core template. (See udata#1285) #232
- Use new search blueprint from uData #224
- Fixes some spacing issues on dataset and reuses page buttons #209
- Fix some wrong spatial coverages #213
- Fix translations collision on contact #211 #212
- Updated some translations
- Updated translations
- Use the new entrypoint-based theme management #164
- Adjust the dataset reuses title overflow for proper display #172
- Drop glyphicons, remove some useless classes and upgrade to bootstrap 3.3.7 #177
- Use the core publish action modal #178
- Fix the deuil header not being an SVG #180
- Integrating latest versions of GeoZones and GeoLogos for territories. Especially using history of towns, counties and regions from GeoHisto. #499
- Add the missing placeholders #194
- Use the
- Revamp actionnable tabs #189
- Nothing yet
- Fixed a typo #182
- Added a Licences page #181
- Fixed numbering in system integrator FAQ (thanks to Bruno Cornec) #174
- Added a footer link to the SPD page #176
- Added a missing translation
- Alphabetical ordering on SPD datasets
- Introduce SPD page and badge
- Translations update
- Ensure missing FAQ sections raises a 404 #156
- Provide deep PyPI versions links into the footer #155
- Provide proper cache versionning for theme assets #155
- Remove some main menu entries (events, CADA, Etalab)
- Use a new SVG logo
- Apply changes from uData 1.0.0
- First published release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for udata_front-0.0.0.dev157-py2.py3-none-any.whl