Urwid is a console user interface library for Python.
It includes many features useful for text console application developers including:
- Applications resize quickly and smoothly
- Automatic, programmable text alignment and wrapping
- Simple markup for setting text attributes within blocks of text
- Powerful list box with programmable content for scrolling all widget types
- Your choice of event loops: Twisted, Glib, Tornado or select-based loop
- Pre-built widgets include edit boxes, buttons, check boxes and radio buttons
- Display modules include raw, curses, and experimental LCD and web displays
- Support for UTF-8, simple 8-bit and CJK encodings
- 256 and 88 color mode support
- Compatible with Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2+ and PyPy
- Home Page:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.