Universal domain WHOIS proxy server.
A ‘Universal WHOIS’ proxy server: you query it for information about a particular domain, it works out the correct WHOIS server to query and gives back the correct details.
It is only intended for use with domain names currently, but could be generalised to work with other types of WHOIS server.
The daemon comes with a scraper to pull WHOIS server information from IANA’s root zone database at tools/scraper.py. This requires the beautifulscraper package to run.
- Update server list from IANA.
- Fix a bug affecting the thin WHOIS code, where the registry WHOIS is kept.
- Recursion patterns for .jobs
- Prep for ENUM and .arpa support.
- First release as a wheel.
- IANA scraper improvements.
- Option to insert page feed to separate registry and registrar WHOIS.
- Some tentative Python 3 improvements (Diesel is a blocker).
- Latest server list from IANA.
- Trap client connection closure.
- Trap DNS resolution errors for downstream servers.
- CoDNS are now an independent entity.
- Use a more conservative zone discovery policy for some queries.
- Update recursion pattern for the bz zone.
- Broken up into separate modules.
- IANA root zone database scraper.
- Scraped WHOIS servers associated with zones in the IANA database.
- Added details for a number of WHOIS servers not listed in IANA’s database.
- All the new gTLDs!
- Initial revision with a change log.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.