Validation App Engine
Distributed Workload Resource Validation and Metrics Collection is a key aspect of scale testing today. resources can be Network Resource, Memory Resource etc.
Currently, available resource validators don’t scale economically and are limited when it comes to customization. Metrics and Analytics tools are also extremely expensive and do not always work with some products. That may not be generating metrics that are compatible with the platform. Reliability and Serviceability testing is not fully automated today as teams struggle to simulate user workloads and analyze the data from the same. Products need metrics to measure performance and reliability.
validation-app-engine an agent based distributed workload resource validation and monitoring engine that lets various quality and reliability engineering teams to validate their products at large scale. The remote agents can be programmed to generate resource patterns OR monitor resources and send back information to a central analytics layer for further analysis teams can make several inferences by analyzing the data generated.
- Quality Teams
- Performance Engineering Teams
- Chaos/Reliability Engineering Teams
- Development Teams
- Framework agnostic.
- Platform agnostic (Windows / Linux).
- It also support validation against Linux network namespaces.
- Cloud agnostic (vSphere, AWS, Azure).
- Self-contained Repo / Binaries.
- Support for client / servers running on any port.
- Integration with any DB (natively works on SQLite DB and RiakDB).
- Utility for validating Traffic, Resource and Realization patterns.
- Build utilities on top of it to manage or monitor remote endpoints.
As per current architecture, it can support number of resources. Currently it supports only network resources, where it generates, validates and monitor network traffic. In future, other resources support can be added based on interfaces provided in the code. Under network resource it supports -
- Distributed traffic generation
- Validating traffic patterns
- Traffic rule realization
- Local and central store of traffic stats.
- Protocols -
- Modes -
Please refer Workflow Guide for detailed description on basic topologies and workflow.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size validation_app_engine-0.3.4.dev69-py2-none-any.whl (76.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size validation-app-engine-0.3.4.dev69.tar.gz (481.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for validation_app_engine-0.3.4.dev69-py2-none-any.whl
Hashes for validation-app-engine-0.3.4.dev69.tar.gz