A python based proxy looking at multiple AMQP queues for incoming requests of VMware vCloud Director's API Extensions
Python based proxy looking at multiple AMQP queues for incoming requests of VMware vCloud Director’s API Extensions and forwarding to specified REST backends.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://vcdextproxy.readthedocs.io.
- Support multiple queues subscriptions
- Can address multiple REST endpoints depending on extension(s)
- 1 REST endpoint is a associated to 1 extension in vCD
- Backend servers:
- HTTP + HTTPS support
- Basic authentication
- Basic URI rewritting
- AMQP server:
- Multiple Exchange/Queue listening
- Manage Exchange/Queue declarations
- SSL support
- Extension lifecyle:
- Deploy a newly declared extension
- Redeploy an existing extension
- vCloud Director:
- Support vCD from 9.1 to 10.0
- Can check user’s right based on per extension setting
- Can check organization’s membership of an user
- #6 - Address some pre-checks like rights management
- #18 - Check organization’s membership of an user
- #2 - Manage extension lifecycle (deploy/re-deploy)
In a vCloud Director instance where 2 API extensions are used (example1, example2):
vcdextproxy subscribe to following AMQP queues:
When a message is sent to example1 queue:
- A URI path check is made: is /api/example1 a correct API path for extension named example1 ?
- If valid, all fields of the request are converted to REST request (as headers or as body content)
- REST endpoint handle the request as a standard REST one (with a lot of vCloud information…)
- REST endpoint replies to vcdextproxy
- vcdextproxy reformat the reply as an AMQP reply message
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for vcdextproxy-0.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl